Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding together macros?

I've been trying to get something going that automatically does level scaling for the 5e cantrip Vicious Mockery. It does 1d4 damage at 1st level, 2d4 at 5th, 3d4 at 11th, ad 4d4 at 17th. I've been using @{<character name>}|level}>0, @{<character name>}|level}>4, etc. to check if the character level meets the requirement and if so return a 1, but I can't seem to get them to add together. I've tried all the characters I could think of to separate the >x from the +, but it always gives a syntax error somewhere. I've also tried making multiple separate macros and adding them together, eg #1+#2+#3 but that doesn't work either. Is this possible at all? am I just bad at syntax? Help appreciated.
The universal formula for cantrip damage is  [[ ((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)d4 ]] That is for d4 spells adjust as needed for different damage die types. 
Many thanks!
After posting this last I night I realized that I had the wrong formula in all my cantrips. I was using class level instead of character level. I was up way too late fixing the error.