Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition Sheet tweaks

So, I've been running Mutants and Masterminds games for a while along with a co-GM. We've liked using the character sheet a lot, but there are some problems with it that we're hoping to get tweaked. I know not everyone will agree with this, but that's why I'm asking for the sheet to have it as an option, not a forced thing. My Co-GM and I don't like how everything from the sheets is automatically public when rolled. Him more than me, but still. To that end, I have discovered that one of the D&D sheets lets you CHOOSE to send your roll to the GM, Everyone, or Yourself (according to one of my players who actually plays with said sheet in a different game). Can this be implemented in M&M? Either in the same way, or a different method to get the same end result. Most importantly to him is how the Initiative always spits out all the tie-breaker info, but he doesn't want players to know each other's stats, so he wants the tie-breaker elements to be GM only at least. Personally, I want to be able to actually make NPC character sheets that I can roll without letting my players see what I'm rolling so I can fudge dice results if I need to. That means every roll needs a GM Only option, or the option to choose if it's GM/Everyone/Self when you use it. Can this be done?
No response yet... can anyone help with this? Or is it not possible?
Last time I'm bumping this. If I still get no response, I'm gonna just have to assume it's not possible or no one who can do it is available.
The thing is, that's a pretty advanced sequence to set up.... The only successful sheets I know off hand that can do that are 5e OGL, 5e Shaped and Pathfinder-Neceros and I'm honestly not sure about that last one. That being said, it is possible, but ideally, the sheet's author would make those changes. Seeing as how they haven't responded in 3 weeks to this though, I can assume that's not going to happen. So, if you don't mind me taking a week to deconstruct a working version of this (as I'd love to add it to my sheet anyways) and then spending a week or two implementing it, I'd be happy to give it a try. But, it could potentially not be ready until sometime in September.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not familiar with the system... The sheet's creator Sam Marino(also created the Pathfinder sheet) hasn't been around for a few years.  Someone made a small adjustment to the Toughness Points.  (git name raymondh3 , no clue about a roll20 name or id.) If I have time this weekend, I'll have a look and see if I can implement a whisper option on the rolls. Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
SFX beat me to it.  ;-P  lol
Oh, man, if you could roll that out over the weekend, by all means, no need to make anyone wait for me lol. I still want to learn how to do it though :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have a look at it.  No guarantees.  Work, family, etc...
Yup, same here.
I don't much care who does it or how long it takes. I'd just like it to happen. The sheet doesn't support using it for NPCs at all unless I don't care about being able to fudge results. That's pretty important if I need to tweak the pace of the fight though, so if you guys can get this done, I'd appreciate it. Look at it and let me know if/when it can be done.
Well... that took considerably less time than I thought to learn how to do.... (I find myself saying that a lot anymore...) I might be able to implement this for you tonight, although, the changes wouldn't take effect until Tuesday at the earliest. Dropdown... how did I not think of that...? I was thinking checkboxes for some reason...
Awesome! Thank you so much!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Awesome.
Ok, so I made the changes. If you'd like to test them out and make sure they are what you want before I submit: &gt; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2477201/Dfw4QA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2477201/Dfw4QA</a> &lt; &nbsp; That goes to a public game with a sheet utilizing the new talk target via a dropdown menu. Unfortunately, I can't (well, I could, but it definitely wouldn't be done anytime soon) make each individual roll a separate target selector, so, one selection chooses for all of them, but you can change it as often as you like. A note though, the Initiative macro field is fillable, so I just switched out /em for the new @{who} so it will change accordingly too. You can easily switch this back, at any time, and it should not override existing sheets.
This is exactly what I was looking for! The initiative one seems broken, as it's only Whispering the first option though.
Ok, so I see what happened. I fixed it though, and the attacks button, which was set up incorrectly as well. Give it a whirl and if all is good, I should be able to roll this out on Tuesday.