Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't launch in a Google+ Hangout

I've launched my campaign in a Google+ Hangout before, and run a successful session. But when I try it now a get a succession of wait messages such as "mapping dungeons" and "calculating splines" and so forth, which change every few seconds, and seem to go on until I exit the Hangout. Mac OS 10.6.8 Firefox 12.0 Since the successful session I have created a new page in the the campaign and deleted the original "start" page. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it.
I've determined that I can still use Chat and the dice emulator, edit characters, search for ludicrously inappropriate art, open the turn tracker, and adjust zoom (without apparent effect). I haven't had a chance to try voice and video. It seems to be just the map that doesn't load.
Can you launch the map using the standard launch? If it launches "In Roll20" but not in Google+, then it's probably a hangout problem, but if it continues to hang when you try launching it normally it might be a problem with your campaign file.
Yes, the standard launch has been working fine. And I have just tried launching a different campaign, and that isn't working either.
Can you tell me which Campaign you're having trouble with? It sounds like I'll need to look at that specific campaign, since I just tested it and I can't reproduce.
I have tried all three of my campaigns: "9,401", "Wednesday Night Codgers", and "Wednesday Night Codgers copy". And I just cleared all cookies, restarted my Mac, and relaunched FireFox. Same problem. Disconnected my iPad, quit iTunes, restarted the Mac. No soap.
Eventually got it to load, though it was slow. Perhaps the fact that someone else joined the Hangout had something to do with it. Loading was not slow for the other participant, so the problem would seem to be peculiar to my Google+ account, my copy of the Hangout plugin, etc.
Hmm...another person in the game wouldn't make you load any slower (since you both just connect independently to the server). Once it loaded after it was slow, was the interface sluggish (e.g. jerky?) Or it just took a long time to actually load?
It just took a long time to load. Ran normally once it loaded.