Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My existing macros are being changed - please help

Hi :) Any advice welcome I have set up a few macros on my bar to allow saves and skill rolls for selected tokens using a drop down selection (copied from this forum). They are working great until i drag a macro from a character sheet onto the bar. The text of the existing macros then change which stops the drop down option from working. Please let me know if the is a way to stop this. I am using the 5E OGL sheet. Thanks :)

Edited 1500645618
Kev
Plus
The piece of text that disappears is the following "}" and is being replaced with "}" this is repeated a number of time throughout the original macro.... Hmmm... the text i was trying to type was " & # 125 ; " but without the spaces. when i posted this topic it also changed the symbol! As you can tell I am not very computer literate... Thanks again for any help
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HTML entities get substituted by the browser/forum software, so you have to type them like this: }  If you edit the text, you have to replace the & with & again. I'm not completely clear on what problem you're having with the macros though, maybe some screen shots?
He is saving them, so the HTML is getting trashed. Make a character sheet and put all of the macros there. I do this for my Soundboard. Then get a variety of things you might find in your world and make a rollable table of them. Link that rollable table to your sheet with the macros. Drag a copy onto any page where yo might need the macros, change the token to something that would be there, like a cobweb or a rock. Give it an aura that only you can see and Bob's your uncle it is right there at hand.
Thanks for the response guys :) I think it may have been because I was saving them as noted. I copied the original forum post to Wordpad and then copied it over to the macros and it seems to be working ok now. Thanks again!