Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [5e] [West Marches] Into the Void

Edited 1501039960
Into the Void Summary: You are a citizen of Vixen City within a world called Pandeia, a place of beautiful nightmares. Nothing makes sense and everything kills and yet you are inspired to venture out into the wilderness. Whether it be fame and fortune or just the thrill of adventure, you are set in your way to venture forth into lands unknown. You are not the only one, Vixen City is known for its band of adventurers. Some come back as champions, but most never do. It is your time to test your luck in the Void. About Me: Fairly new DM but I put in an obsessive amount of effort into my campaigns. I love when people bring ideas for me to incorporate into my campaigns. So if you see something I could add onto then let me know, I live for such things. If you wish to impress me roleplay better than you rollplay. System: Homebrewed D&D 5e. This includes custom monsters totally made up or imported from other systems, custom deities, planes, lore, and setting. Even homebrewed variants of creature types to add some variation to encounters. This goes deeper than you may ever know. What to Expect: Ever heard of West Marches? Essentially this is a series of one-shots with players choosing their party and when to play whether it is weekly, monthly, or just once. Players do the work of gathering the players, finding a good day and time and let the DM know to reserve the day. You venture out in a one-shot whether it be adventure or quest oriented which completes within a session. There is room for multi-sessions but regularly you will make your way back to town and start anew with a new or the same party at a later date. Over time players help improve their town as well as uncover locations and secrets on the map that anyone can investigate. Death is not as detrimental because you can always start fresh with a new character. Party composition should be the last thing you should consider, it will be rare to have the perfect party on the day and time you are looking for so just go with the flow. Only one character per player, if you want to play a new character kill your active one off or retire them... permanently. I may allow exceptions but there will be severe penalties. Price for playing your retired character is a loss of level and if your current character is still alive then their level is subtracted from your retired character. Also, you have to recreate your sheet or if you have the feature you can import it back into the campaign because I will not be keeping old character sheets else Roll20 slows down. My Availability: Not only must you be able to find a good time for players but I must be available as well. I am rarely available before 8pm EST Sunday - Thursday and I have a weekly session on Saturdays 8pm - 12am but I will notify everyone if this permanently changes. If you are interested but concerned about day/time PM me you would like an update whenever I am available within your preferred day/time. That way I will notify you whenever I am able to fit you in and so that you don't miss on any personal schedule changes that may be in your favor. Applications: (All applicants welcomed, post here or PM) I will not be picky on who joins but I at least want you to give a decent attempt at creating a character. If you get around your third or fourth character then I will understand a loss in creativity. Application (no hombrew) Player Questions: Best days/time for weekly sessions if you can't do the current schedule? (answer in relation to EST, my timezone) Are you new to Roll20 and/or D&D? What are you looking for? (adventure, combat, mysteries, puzzle solving, etc.) How often are you looking to play? (weekly, monthly, or testing the waters) Character Questions: Image? (For your character sheet and token, can PM me it later) Name? Race? Class? Background? Motive behind adventuring? (gold, fame, family, adventure, personal quest - if personal quest PM me, etc.) Any additional info you wish to add? (Optional) (Spoiler: Everyone is born and raised in Vixen City. PM me if you want an exception and it best be a good hook.) Samples of my Homebrew                                   Campaign Link
Features  City building with over 15 city expansions Over 30 points of interest with stories behind each locale 11 magical biomes/regions to explore

Edited 1500860081
Pandeia Vixen City is not the only settlement but it is the most flourishing and most ideal. Its location keeps the horrors of the void at bay making it a type of paradise even if it has its own internal hardships. The goliath David Gallow is the mayor of the town and makes sure law and order remain intact and he has been doing so for many centuries. No one knows the city's origin, how Gallows is still alive, It is rare but not unheard of to come across travelers from other settlements to fill the locals of unimaginable tales. Whether they are true or not they are rarely willing to make the journey back from once they came. The inhabitants of Vixen fall into two categories: city folk and adventurers. City folk spend most, if not all, their life in the city and make a living within its borders. Adventurers make their living by adventuring and completing quests on the Notice Board. Adventuring alone is profitable, not only for the countless treasures that can be found, but the information they bring back that people are always willing to pay money for. Telling any city folk about your adventure could net you some coin but there are officials and other third parties that pay good money for this information. Their identities are unknown since the promising adventurers tend to keep that information tight-lipped. Placing a mentality that you are only worth your experience, forcing adventurers to try to gain some renown. This matters not, for you are interested in the world beyond the borders of Vixen City. Where the true adventure lies... Regions of Pandeia Vixen City is completely surrounded by mountains with jagged outcroppings and one valley south of the city that leads out to the Void Woods that surround the city. Down the valley that leads into the city is Vix Markets where all traders setup shop. These mountains are inhabited by all manners of birds of prey, all of which keep their distance from the city. Beyond the mountains is the Void Woods named after the light draining properties the vegetation sometimes take on. Pandeia is home of the strange, this one behavior is the tamest of them all. North of the city resides the Witherwoods, a region filled with dead trees and vegetation and yet they continue to thrive as if still living. These lands are avoided due to its proximity of the Void, a sea of black ichor known as void waters. These waters are deadly to all living and dead creatures. Some say the waters themselves are a living entity but who knows, no one is willing to research it. Supposedly Southeast of the city resides a magical lake and more settlements, not that many are willing to make the trek. In the distance floating islands can be spotted, the fact that you can see them in the distance proclaims their magnitude. This is the most anyone has discovered to date but there are tales of mushroom forests, a great sea, and a church of flames that burns day and night. These are just a few of the countless wonders that fill Pandeia. Nature of Pandeia The first thing that stands out is the fact that Pandeia does not rain, its inhabitants never experienced rain so the concept is foreign and not known. Instead it fogs, these fogs are known as Red Fogs and it is the world's form of precipitation. These fogs have varying degrees of severity. It can be a light fog with very little water molecules in the air up to very thick, obscuring fogs that is essentially a giant shower bubble that moves in every direction base on the wind. Clouds are also non-existent, the closest semblance of a cloud is the red smog that encompasses the world. This smog has the same visual properties as the fog, some refer to the fog as the sky crashing. Storms are still a thing, they are simply altered visually and they are most dangerous during Red Fogs because the fog act like clouds allowing storms to originate at ground level. The sun is also non-existent or at least it disappeared many years ago. Those that are long living, such as elves, may remember the sun but the sun has long burned out and only way to known about it is to read it in history books. The final global property of Pandeia is that liquid is red. Always have been, always will be. There are many other odd properties of the land of Pandeia but those are region locked and not global like the ones listed above.

Edited 1502682969
 Acceptable Content Sword Coast, Elemental Evil, Volo's Guide and any other future official supplements that come out is accepted. No homebrew races, classes, spells, etc.

Edited 1501094568
Extra Features • Discord: Music playing and auto-moderating bot known as ModBot. • Discord: Ranking system base on chat activity that is tracked by LevelBot. Which also post important information like rules, character information, and player features. • Discord: T ext-base D&D mini-game that is played using commands with an entire channel dedicated to it and governed by the GMBot. • Discord: Optional text-base roleplay in a dedicated channel for players that want to roleplay in city scenes. • Inspiration Center: Create your own stories around the campfire to obtain DM inspiration and possibly becoming lore. Building the world one story at a time.
Hello! I am fairly new to roleplaying and would love to be a part of this universe. I am 19 years old and currently watching critical role by geek and sundry. My schedule is very flexible (EST) and I love both RP and Combat. Puzzles and Mysteries are a lot of fun too so any type of game you want to run is fine by me. I would preferably like to play weekly if not monthly is fine too. For my character, If you will allow it, I would like to play either a gnoll, goliath, dragonborn or genasi. With classes ranging from rogue to sorcerer, pretty much anything I can fill a role if need be. PM me , thanks and have a nice day!