Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Active Newcomer Looking For Active Groups!

Hello! I am new to Roll20, but am super excited to have found this place! My name is Lindzey, and I'm an active roleplayer with daily access to a laptop, as I work from home. I've been going crazy wanting to get involved with some of these campaigns but am having trouble finding active groups that do this more then just once a week. Is there anyone out there that would be accepting of a newcomer into their group? I'm new to D&D but have a basic understanding of it (I've taken the tutorial, read most of the handbook, have played in a short campaign, and have watched like 50+ hours streamed on youtube). I'd just need some minor guidance on which roll formulas to make and maybe with some details on my character sheet. For the most part I have a handle on it and I'm ready to jump in, so if you have sessions regularly or are hosting one soon today, please send me an invite! I don't have a Mic but I'm very quick and descriptive with in-chat responses. I typically play a Half-Elf Ranger who goes by either Elle or Kayota, and I'm willing to modify her backstory to fit the campaign however it's necessary :)
It may be helpful to potential GMs if you list your time zone. It'll make it easier to determine if a game is feasible. Alex
Also I assume you are looking for D&D5E, but it would really help to have the edition you are looking for included.
I'm really open to participating in anything that has a concept that appeals to me- if it runs on something different I can learn whatever playerbook is being used. I've been a part of a D&D 3.5 Campaign and a Log Horizon campaign that I learned the details for almost overnight. I'm mainly looking for small but active groups that would be up for taking on a newcomer, as I'm open to learning all the details along the way. I just need a group that's patient with newcomers and would be willing to help me out with which dice formulas to use and certain character sheet values. And my time zone is Eastern. I'm in Ontario.
If I'm reading this correctly and you're looking for text games and are open to systems other than 5e, I'm currently starting up a Star Trek Adventures game ( LFG here ) that could use a couple more players. We'll be playing weekly, but as with my other games, we will have both an active OOC chat offsite and the potential for downtime threading between sessions. Brand new game line so no experience (with the system or Trek) required, just a willingness to learn! 
Name Scott Age 46 Experience I've played D&D since AD&D second edition took a 16 year vacation and am now playing 5e new to roll 20 but falling in love with it. Why do you play D&D wanting to build a freindship with others that love the fantasy world. Having fun building a group of adventure's that try to write their names into history as legend's in our own minds. Race i have a human rogue lvl 6, a woodelf ranger lvl 5, and a few level 1 characters that i could bring into the mix. Class Have a number of characters that I enjoy playing. The rogue and ranger are my favorite but I can work with the needs of the party. Background depending on the character needed they all have a background written out for them. Brief bio If you go with my Rogue which is my favorite character she is an assassin/spy with a criminal background...CN with evil trends. and if you go with my Ranger she is a CN outlander that takes longer to trust folks. Her family was killed by a red dragon that attacked her village. and dragons are the favored enemy. Player Style I do enjoy the role playing aspect but I also enjoy the fights....so a good mix would be awesome. I am looking for a weekly group that around 8pm eastern. I currently have a group on Monday therefore that day won’t work for me. I am a dedicated player that will be a dedicated player for the group.