Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Account Sharing and TOS Question

Hello Forums! A friend and I are planning to run two campaigns set in the same world with different player groups (sometimes with all the players together and other times separately). We are wondering if it is against the terms of service to use the same account (we would likely have a plus account). We looked through it and found this section "Use or attempt to gain access to or use another’s user or company account, password, data, or computer systems or networks connected to any Roll20 server, whether through hacking, password mining or any other means." As the closest answer to question. We are unsure if this applies to our plans as it could be interpreted as 'don't hack accounts' rather than 'don't share accounts'. If anyone knows for sure what the answer is to this please let me know! Thanks Forums!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That TOS section does look like its menat to stop hacking, not people voluntarily using the same account. I can't see what would be wrong with that. However, it might not be necessary. One of you could set up a master account, and create all the campaigns under that account. Then just make the other person a GM in the campaigns, and both players then should have full access. That way you can both log on to the campaigns at the same time.