Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to have access to Library as a player?

As the title says, I'm looking for a way for my character to have access to a folder in my library when another player is GM. I am playing a Rigger in Shadowrun, and have a small army of mechanical drones. I'd like to be able to place them on the map when I deploy 1 or more. The other player does not have access to my account library, which hinders our game. I've made a lot more purchases than he, so have more of a collection. The problem with me remaining as a GM is I would be able to see any surprises hiding in the GM layer
Not neccesarily you could just re-join as player
So, just pop in to GM mode, pull stuff out, and switch back? Seems clunky, but it can work. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You could try making a drone sheet (character sheet) and export it to your character vault then import it into the game to see if that would work. 
True, but I've got a lot of drones. I think Renderance's idea is easier. I'll do the sheet idea if it doesn't work out, but that basically involves making 15-20 sheets, keeping them in the vault, and moving them into each game we play. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Could you load them all into a rollable token? You are a pro user, you could use one of several scripts, such as Token Mod or ChangeTokenImg to automate swapping faces. Then you would only need one extra character assigned to you. However, if you only have one image, you can drag multiple copies of any character you control onto the play field.
Good idea, but I think that would only work if all the drones had the same stat block. Only the same model drones with the same modifications would work that way.  I don't know anything about the scripts in Roll20, so I left them alone. Even if I copied one, I wouldn't know what it did. I have made tables and attached them to goons to make random images for the same token, but it's manual. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If each drone is different, it sounds like you're squarely in the "create each as it's own character" realm.  API scripts probably would only minimally help with that.  I'd second the suggestion to set up each drone in a secondary Game you've created and move them to the Character Vault.  I do this with Spells all the time (I have a 5eSpellTemplates Game where I build them).  Once you get used to it, the Character Vault flow isn't too bad, and I can generally create a spell template and move it to a game I'm playing in between turns. =D  (Did precisely that for Guardian of Faith and Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound last week.)  You can start by doing just the ones you're most likely to use, and add more as they seem like they'll come up.  If the all share similarities, cloning one and modifying it should be pretty fast.  When you pull them over, your GM will just have to give you access to them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Aaron: So the spell is a character? Or something you can move from an imported character? Or you just have some repository of non-SRD spells you can pull in at need? I am intrigued, nay piqued, nay mildly curious.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Each spell is a character. Before the SRD, I put the spells in the bio, but now I don't bother.  I set them to In All Player's Journals, and Controlled by for all, then anyone can drag them in and position them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, so I assume the token for each is an image with the appropriate size and illustration?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup!  I often put the save, damage, etc in the bubbles and the range and area of effect in the name. Could add Abilities with various helpers and API commands in them. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have something similar with some extra bells and whistles to save journal space, i have 3 'characters' called AoE Template (Line), AoE Template (Cone) and AoE Template (Radius) which have default tokens that are all rollable tables with various options in the table for visual accuracy. They all pull onto the table as 1 unit fire effects but each sheet also has a token action which allows me to very quickly (via TokenMod primarily) set the size, set 'controlled by' and which 'side' of the table to show... for bonus points I also have any applicable spell 'summon' the token ready for setting up :) Anyhoo, totally off topic so to bring things back to the OP's question... if you are using stats from a sheet then you'll need to make a sheet for each drone, pure and simple. If you don't need attributes then a single sheet with a rollable table as the default token loaded with the various aesthetics so you can simply drag that token out and set the side to suit the drone being used at that given time.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming the drones don't need individual stats, you could go the rollable token route, and simply load the characters up with a list of token macros to trigger various abilities. If they only need a few variable stats, you might be able to simulate that by setting up mooks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ziechael said: for bonus points I also have any applicable spell 'summon' the token ready for setting up :) Intrigue sets in. How do you do this part?

Edited 1500921487
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I use King's  summon script from the days of yore, works a treat. Spell example: !power {{ --format|spell --charid|@{selected|character_id} --emote|@{selected|token_name} casts a spell! --name|Fireball --leftsub|Sorcerer, Wizard (3) --rightsub|Evocation (Fire) --Components|V, S, M --Casting Time|1 Standard Action --Range|Long: [[d1*400+40*floor(@{selected|casterlevel}/2)]] feet. --Duration|Instantaneous --Target/Area|20-ft.-radius spread --Effect|A pea sized bead of fire flies from the casters hand and erupts in an explosion of firey death dealing [[ [[{@{selected|casterlevel},10}kl1]]d6 ]] damage to all within the area. Unattended objects are also affected. The bead can detonate early if it hits something during it's flight, a narrow opening targetted requires a ranged touch attack to aim through. --Save?|Reflex half (DC = [[@{selected|spelldc3}]]) --Resistance|Yes --Material Component|A tiny ball of bat guano and sulfur. }} [Reflex](!
#reflex) !summon AoE Template (Radius) !playsound Fireball
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
( IIRC, somewhat modified from those yore-filled days. =D)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: ( IIRC, somewhat modified from those yore-filled days. =D) Haha probably, the basic functionality was there at least...

Edited 1500944298
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've never seen the Summon script before, but it looks very useful. Would it be difficult to modify to take into account tokens saved with "%%NUMBERED%%" in the name? EDIT: Looking at the code, it looks like "not easily". If I read right, it finds the assigned graphic, pulls it from the library and sets up a brand new token?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That sounds like it shouldn't be too hard.  Start a new thread and lets discuss it. =D
I basically did the Rollable Table route. I made a sheet for Drones, and one for Vehicles. Added everything to a table, saved the sheets and tables to the Vault. I have to keep track of my stats on my HeroLab sheet, but that's ok. As Aaron said, I dropped them in everyone's journals, but under my control (and the GM). 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cheers! Glad it worked out!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool!