Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] 5e D&D for new players (July 24)

I would like to run a game tonight, it will be my usual learning setup for new players. If you have never played D&D and would like to learn how, this is the place for you. I cover character creation, use of the roll20 system, and also supply you with tips on finding or starting your own games on roll20.  This will be about the 20th or so game for new players I've run, and the majority of them go off without a hitch. However some ground rules should be in place so you know what to expect. I will be skype to speak with players before inviting them to vet those with interest, the game will be played using Discord Voice chat, in-game or skype voice will be used as a last resort. Everyone joining the game as a player should be very new to the idea's and the game, so you should be among others with similar amounts of knowledge about the game, so if it takes you a bit longer to get any particular concept it's fine. On that same token, I am extremely patient, and so should you be, especially for other players who are also there to learn. The start time will be fast and loose, as soon as I find 5 players with working microphones and good attitudes we will start the game. If you are interested send me a PM with your skype name so I may add you for a short chat, it's totally an interview but as long as you are a new player and interested in learning you shouldn't have a problem.
Still plenty of room for the game tonight.
Do you have a time you plan to start?

Edited 1500842710
Probably around 4pm PST game length will likely be 3-4 hours.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84328/new-playe" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84328/new-playe</a>... Here's a link to the listing, the game may have a later start time as players become available.
I am off of work at 6PM Central US, probably be home by 6:15 to do the required interview if that would work for you? I've only ever really crafted lore and stories for DnD, never created a character, never done any combat or anything - seems a bit confusing to me. Only game I've played and know how to play is Dungeon World.&nbsp; If you'd like to add me on Skype I can hit you up when I am home: Lathadrio
I'm pretty rusty but do have experience....
I'm on central time what time would you be starting?
Pushed the game till tomorrow because of GoT. 4pm pst &nbsp;or 6 cst.
I'm totally down but I will have to wait till my daughter goes to sleep which is around 7-8 central time I'm totally new to roll 20 and have not played d&d since 3.5
Got ya I will be at work then maybe next time
I'm Interested In learning more on how to be better at 5e Because I'm not doing too well in one of my groups says the GM I'm currently playing with. I have pst time and Don't use skype, Could I still join if I used Discord?&nbsp;
PM sent Auditore K.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
S. Hunter said: Pushed the game till tomorrow because of GoT. 4pm pst &nbsp;or 6 cst. Adjusted title for you.&nbsp; Happy rolling!
PM request sent, &nbsp;Thanks