Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to take a Long Rest w/5e OGL by Roll20?

How does one take a long rest when using the Roll20 5e OGL sheet? (I see that spell slots are supposed to reset, etc. but I can't find a "Long Rest" button anywhere.) Thanks!
There is no "Long Rest" button on the 5e OGL sheet. I think you may be referring to the companion script command !longrest <character_name>. In which case you would simply type that into the chat.
Ahhhh. I could have sworn that I saw some way to force a long rest. Maybe it was on another sheet. Using macros, can I cycle through all the characters an long rest them all? I would probably need to hard code the names in, though, right? 
Yea, your macro would be something like !longrest Bob !longrest Sue !longrest John
So each character name must be hard coded in. Simple enough.
You could call them through attributes like so !longrest @{Bob|character_name} !longrest @{Sue|character_name} !longrest @{John|character_name} but that seems a bit much and would need changed if a player changes the character's name. You could also do but you would need to know the individual character IDs, which you can find using @{selected|character_id} for each of the character's with a linked token. !longrest @{Bob's character id|character_name} !longrest @{Sue's character id|character_name} !longrest @{John's character id|character_name} Using the character IDs will your players to change their characters' names whenever they want without breaking the macro.
Here's a little Long Rest macro I use. I grant it as Token Action to all players. It will also reset any resources they are tracking in class resources. Note, you'll need ChatSetAttr api script !longrest @{selected|character_name} !setattr --silent --sel --class_resource|@{selected|class_resource|max} !setattr --silent --sel --other_resource|@{selected|other_resource|max} &{template:atk} {{desc=**@{selected|character_name}** *Long Rest Taken* Reset HP, Spell Slots, @{selected|class_resource_name}, @{selected|other_resource_name}}} If you are adding additional class resources you can add this !setattr --silent --sel –repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|max} And add this to chat (template:atk) @{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left_name} !setattr --silent --sel –repeating_resource_$0_resource_right|@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right|max} And add this to chat (template:atk) @{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right_name}
Nice. Thanks!