Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Limit regarding dnd 5e attacks and items

So I've been playing dnd for awhile now and one of my DMs over the many many months maybe years of playing has given my main character 5 bags of holding I was going to use this character at amother local place but someone else said in that party that's not possible and the limit is 2 bags of holding on a character. I was extremely confused because I don't remember seeing anything that said that anywhere, this man was not the dm btw. And then I went into saying how my DM has given my main character rings and such that give the character extra attacks and bonus actions. Now I understand if the DM said no I would be ok but he said it's been a rule ever since 1e ended that the max attacks a character can preform is 7. Where my main character who is a monk would have 5 main attacks and 2 bonus actions which would be 2 Flurry of Blows which equals 9 attack. All I need to know is what are the limits on attacks and magical items. If you do answer thank you for your help.

Edited 1501096739
As far as I know, there is no limit to attacks, but I've also never given/been given items that increase the number of attacks a character could make. Regarding the magic items. I do not know of a rule that limits that number of magic items you can have. But there is a limit on the number of magic items you can attune to at once (3) and a creature can't attune to multiple magic items of the same kind (for example you cannot attune to two rings of protection). Also from the  SRD ,  Use common sense to determine whether more than one of a given kind of magic item can be worn. A character can’t normally wear more than one pair of footwear, one pair of gloves or gauntlets, one pair of bracers, one suit of armor, one item of headwear, and one cloak. You can make exceptions; a character might be able to wear a circlet under a helmet, for example, or to layer two cloaks .So In my opinion, while you can have as many bags of holding as you want, you probably would be able to carry more than two at a time. I'd also be worried about carrying more than that for fear that one might accidentally fall into another and cause a portal to Astral Plane to open. Also I don't think this is a bug or technical issue.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext