Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A little adjustment on The Sprawl character sheets?

Hello, Looks from an old thread that I can't reply to that a user named Tim built these - they're a great piece of work, and hopefully this finds its way to him :) A small change I'd request is on the Cyberware Notes box - if this had the option to expand (and, less importantly, write not in all caps) in the same way as the Moves Notes, that'd be great: would be good to get all of those in place there (especially with the cost tags being so important). It sort of works fine putting all the details in the open notes section at the bottom, but would be better to keep things in one place :) Thanks for your work!
Another note: a few boxes that can't be expanded can't always fit all that they need to: Vehicle Profiles; Move and Cyberware names; Weapon Tags; and Vehicle Weapons in particular.
If we're taking suggestions, I'd like to see a roll total somewhere.  If that means not being able to see the dice and +forward modifiers, I think I'd prefer to just see the roll and then mouse over it for the full formula.  Maybe the roll could have abbreviations in the tooltip to show what part is the roll, and what part is the +forward modifier.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi there - thanks for the kind words and for the feedback, appreciate it. I've gone ahead and changed a bunch of those text input fields into textareas (which are larger and resizeable), it's a pretty minor thing to fix. I've submitted it to Roll20 so hopefully it should be live within the next week sometime. Let me know if anything else comes up!  Just on the topic of having a roll total - I would also like this, but unfortunately it's a limitation of roll20 roll templates, not something I can fix. Someone who knows more about javascript than me might be able to do something with sheetworkers, but it's over my head I'm afraid.  I could do roll total only, but my personal preference is the opposite of yours - I think it's important for players (especially beginners) to see the formula every time.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim said: Just on the topic of having a roll total - I would also like this, but unfortunately it's a limitation of roll20 roll templates, not something I can fix. Someone who knows more about javascript than me might be able to do something with sheetworkers, but it's over my head I'm afraid.  Sheet workers can't do anything, you can EITHER see the total, or you can see the original rolled amount (though you can display the +forward separately in either case). Essentially, an inline roll can only appear in one place in a roll template.... ... except that you could hardcode all cases that can appear into the roll template and use the rollTotal helper function to essentially just display something for all combinations of original + forward ... but that's 66 cases if you want to have forward from -2 to +3, and all that to avoid the user doing some 2-digit < 20 arithmetic, I don't think that's worth it! But hey Tim, that formula may be even longer than your original implementation of the vice roll on the Blades sheet (though less complicated)! :D
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Jakob said: Sheet workers can't do anything, you can EITHER see the total, or you can see the original rolled amount (though you can display the +forward separately in either case). Essentially, an inline roll can only appear in one place in a roll template.... ... except that you could hardcode all cases that can appear into the roll template and use the rollTotal helper function to essentially just display something for all combinations of original + forward ... but that's 66 cases if you want to have forward from -2 to +3, and all that to avoid the user doing some 2-digit < 20 arithmetic, I don't think that's worth it! Ah, thanks for the info. In that case... I think I'll leave it how it is.  But hey Tim, that formula may be even longer than your original implementation of the vice roll on the Blades sheet (though less complicated)! :D Hah! I forgot about that actually... I don't know what I was thinking - but hey, it worked! 
Thanks Tim, great stuff!
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
No worries. And just a heads-up - this change is now live!