Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wizards of the Coast Bug Report Megathread

Edited 1580835133
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hello folks! Due to the amount of Wizards of the Coast content currently available on our Marketplace, we have created this megathread to house the bug reporting for recent and currently updating threads. For the following content and modules, please post any issues in their specific threads. You can find a full list of these at the Bug Thread Repository For the following content and modules, please post any issues in this thread.  Acquisitions Incorporated Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Castle Ravenloft Map Pack Curse of Strahd Divine Contention (Essentials Kit) Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: City Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: Dungeon Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: Wilderness Dungeons & Dragons SRD Eberron: Rising from the Last War Essentials Kit Ghosts of Saltmarsh Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica Hoard of the Dragon Queen Lost Mine of Phandelver Monster Manual Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Player's Handbook Princes of the Apocalypse Rrakkma Sleeping Dragon's Wake (Essentials Kit) Storm King's Thunder Storm Lord's Wrath (Essentials Kit) Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas Tactical Maps Reincarnated Tactical Maps Reincarnated: Cave Maps Tactical Maps Reincarnated: City & Town Maps Tactical Maps Reincarnated: Dungeon Maps Tactical Maps Reincarnated: Wilderness Maps Tales from the Yawning Portal Tarokka Deck The Lost Dungeon of Rickedness The Rise of Tiamat Tomb of Annihilation Tyranny of Dragons Volo's Guide to Monsters Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (Map & Card Deck Addon) White Plume Mountain Xanathar's Guide to Everything
So the issue I have possibly relates to the code of these game settings (as my players have told me)  Quite simply,  All my npc attack rolls and ability checks, everything is all seen by players.  MACRO'S HOWEVER, ARE HIDDEN FROM PLAYERS AND ROLL PROPERLY AS HIDDEN GM ROLLS! this might be a super simple setting but I'm absolutely bewilderingly lost what I possibly need to check, PLEASE HELP! ;_;
Luke S. said: So the issue I have possibly relates to the code of these game settings (as my players have told me)  Quite simply,  All my npc attack rolls and ability checks, everything is all seen by players.  MACRO'S HOWEVER, ARE HIDDEN FROM PLAYERS AND ROLL PROPERLY AS HIDDEN GM ROLLS! this might be a super simple setting but I'm absolutely bewilderingly lost what I possibly need to check, PLEASE HELP! ;_; Ok I think i'm onto something.  IN EVERY NPC SHEET, THE ROLL OPTION HAS EVERY ROLL "NEVER WHISPERED"  that's going to be the biggest headache so I suppose this is no longer a bug :P (Though I don't seem to remember always having this problem.....) 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Under the "Game Settings" page (before you actually enter the game) there is an option to have rolls always whisper to the GM! Always make a copy first, just in case something changes you didn't intend.&nbsp; Personally, I just had to do this for my game as well. Azaka's attacks were reading (Hybrid or Humanoid Only) which sure breaks the suspense of her being a lycanthrope ;) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a> - Here's a a more in-depth look at what's possible with the Game Settings Hope that helps!
Hello, I have an issue where we have imported characters from the vault.&nbsp; When we select a token on the map to be the default token in the journal entry, every time after you put the character token on a map the size is incorrect.&nbsp; For example in the Nightstone Map the token is the correct size relative to the 10ft grid.&nbsp; After adding the default token again to the map it is now half the size and not scaled correctly.&nbsp; If you drag the journal onto another map with 5ft grid it is still sized incorrectly.&nbsp; Removing the default token from the journal entry allows all placement of the token to be sized correctly but can no longer be linked to the character correctly.&nbsp; Help on this would be appreciated please.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Suwanee - Default tokens need to be saved on a grid that is not sub divided. In the map settings, the grid squares need to be listed as 1 unit, not .5 units, as they are in the 10ft maps.&nbsp; If you make a new page, this will be the setting at default. You can then pull out a new token and save over the default from there.&nbsp;
Thanks Mel.&nbsp; Worked perfectly
With the new update to the 5e OGL character sheet, NPCs no longer have spells in their respective character sheet. This means that we will have to re-drag the spells from the compendium or manually enter the spell information if the spell is not in the compendium. It also means that modules/add-ons are no longer able to be plug-and-play. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Kyle! This is something we're discussing internally and have eyes on. Getting these modules to full functionality is high priority :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
While we are looking into this: All NPC spellcasting information should be located in their statblock. So while the spells currently are not set up in the levels and clickable, all the information necessary is still available on each character. Thank you for your patience while we get these updated!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Update!: All NPC's should now display the former spell text (though the prepared/unprepared dot will be reset). There is a red text that urges you to update the sheet. Please feel free to disregard this text. We will be updating WOTC content to reflect the new spell functionality after we finish our current internal project. Thank you again for all your patience!
Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. &nbsp;This is completely not working.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I cannot replicate this issue, is the game created with the OGL character sheet? Which game is having this issue?
&nbsp; Sean said: Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. &nbsp;This is completely not working. I too am having this same issue. It is a 5e game using the basic sheets.
Sean said: Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. &nbsp;This is completely not working. I am experiencing the same issue where character sheets are not populated, npc sheet isn't appearing, and stats are not mapping to the token.&nbsp; Tried making a new 5e game, still not operating correctly.&nbsp; Please see screens below. Note, a few monsters seem to populate correctly, but take time for all of the stats to load properly (i.e. iron golem, earth elemental)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just to let folks know, looking into this, will get back with info once I've got it :)

Edited 1507087921
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
HI folks! If I could please direct you to the&nbsp; 5E OGL 2.0 Thread and have you post a console log, that would be a big help. I am not able to recreate this error and it needs to have a deeper looksee.&nbsp; For more information on how to help give us a bug report/log, please check out the wiki entry - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a>
FYI: The "Orc Hand of Yurtrus" token doesn't have a picture, just what looks like default text.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Duane - We are unable to create art for specific named characters, per our licensing agreement. Those characters (or monsters) are given a text token as they have no available image at the time of module creation. We hand make each of those tokens, they are not default text :)
Thanks Mel, no worries then.

Edited 1507858872
Sean said: Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. This is completely not working. Going on for almost a week now I am STILL having this issue with my monster manual purchase. I am using google chrome. Some monsters work and others do not. It appears to be completely random. Here is a pitcture of the console in chrome when I place the token. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png</a>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ShamayzingDM said: Hey so I am having a new issue in that when i try and add the Dead in Thay module from tales from the yawning portal where it sticks on including addon. Then when I refresh after waiting a good 10 minutes and i load into the game i have players where their screens flash black then nothing then the map with no dynamic lighting then black and keeps cycling and getting webGL issues. Has anyone come across this issue or know how to solve it?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dungeon Tiles: Reincarnated issues should now be posted in this thread.
The Flame Skull NPC in Wave Echo Cave in roll20 is a 5th level spellcaster, however, in the paper version he is a modified 5th level spellcaster, with one less spell slot of each level. So instead of 2 3rd level spell slots, he is meant to only have 1 and the same applies for 2nd and 1st level spell slots.
The Gazer in VGM contains a spelling error in the Familiar. &nbsp;section, where the word "master" is misspelled as "mater". I don't know if this is correct place to put this, as it seems like just a minor issue.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Storyteller! Perfect place to report :)
For all the Modules I won the Spellcasting NPC's lost their spell slots.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Envyus - Can you show me a screenshot showing what you mean please?

Edited 1530849901
Trivia said: Envyus - Can you show me a screenshot showing what you mean please? All the slot totals have vanished across all NPC's and all Spells have been set to unprepared. While this is fixable by going in and editing the NPC's, this happened across all the games. Including new ones and I don't want to have to go through and fix them all.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for the report, at first glance that looks like something that we will have to fix manually ourselves with a patch to each module.&nbsp;
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Envyus said (elsewhere): As the title says in my curse of a Strahd game all the spellcasting NPC's no longer have spell slots. (To be exact the max number of spells they can cast is gone.)&nbsp; I am wondering how to fix this without manually going through every NPC and fixing it.&nbsp;
Phillip S. said: Sean said: Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. This is completely not working. Going on for almost a week now I am STILL having this issue with my monster manual purchase. I am using google chrome. Some monsters work and others do not. It appears to be completely random. Here is a pitcture of the console in chrome when I place the token. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png</a> I am also having this issue has there been an answer to it yet
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
JKiddy - I have escalated this to the dev team and will get back to you as soon as I have been updated.

Edited 1531496927
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Phillip S. said: Sean said: Today when I pull a monster out of the compendium (I have the Monster Manual), all monsters drop in at medium size, the character sheets aren't populated, and the NPC sheet isn't appearing. This is completely not working. Going on for almost a week now I am STILL having this issue with my monster manual purchase. I am using google chrome. Some monsters work and others do not. It appears to be completely random. Here is a pitcture of the console in chrome when I place the token. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/a3gJuUI.png</a> Hi, Philip, Sean, and JKiddy, I'm investigating this bug report, and could use more information, as we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Can you please provide the following information? Your OS and browser Which character sheet you're using Are you in a module, or a home game? The name of your games so we can take a peek in the database and see what's common to both of your games that might be causing this. Thanks for your help in troubleshooting!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1531507703
Stephanie, See screen shot below from Tomb of Annihilation.&nbsp; Note the message on Spells for the Fenthaza NPC. Chrome, Windows <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2554466/tomb-of-annihilation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2554466/tomb-of-annihilation</a>
Adalberto R. said: Stephanie, See screen shot below from Tomb of Annihilation.&nbsp; Note the message on Spells for the Fenthaza NPC. Chrome, Windows <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2554466/tomb-of-annihilation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2554466/tomb-of-annihilation</a> I am having similar issues running Curse of Strahd, any spell casters have that message and the spells that seem to be added in the new npc spellcasting list appear to be wrong or incomplete.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
5e SRD: Crocodile should have a swim speed of 30 ft. instead of 20 ft.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian C. said: 5e SRD: Crocodile should have a swim speed of 30 ft. instead of 20 ft. Thanks for flagging, fixed :)
Curse of Strahd Death House which is... Appendix B Room 38 The Shambling Mound token is correctly on the GM Layer, but it is set as "isDrawing" so its of little use as a token (you cant click on it and see or edit hp or armor class, etc). Simple toggling that off fixes it and all stats are correct and it is assigned to the correct sheet.&nbsp; Minor nit but (of course) the big fight breaks out at near the end of the session so it took me a minute to figure out why the heck the token wouldnt align w squares, why it had no bubbles, etc.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Grimdirk said (elsewhere): in the adventure overview for LMoP it has the following text for chapter 1, " Maps Used: Sword Coast Map 1: Goblin Ambush 2: Cragmaw Hideout" The goblin ambush map is not an included map. I know that elswhere in the documentation is says to use the blank encounter map. Just letting you know to avoid confusion from people unfamiliar with the module or new to roll20.
When I go into the Compendium, and then races I don't see the monster races from Volo's.&nbsp; I own the book, and was wondering if this will be added later or not.&nbsp; For example Goblin, I don't see that race being here.&nbsp; Or since it's a monster I have to look it up in the MM?&nbsp; About to make a group for an upcoming campaign.

Edited 1533416130
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The entry for the decanter of endless water has a couple issues. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Decanter%20of%20Endless%20Water#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Decanter%20of%20Endless%20Water#content</a> The category is incorrect, and the description is not included in the "pretty" layout.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Walter - We have a update slated out for Volo's to comply with the Charactermancer, but I cannot currently give you a timeframe for it. For now any monstrous characters for Volo's will need to be created manually.&nbsp; Brian - Which category is incorrect? Also thank you for pointing out that items currently do not have their Descriptions in the "pretty" statblock all across the site, I'll look into that as a later update.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Trivia said: Walter - We have a update slated out for Volo's to comply with the Charactermancer, but I cannot currently give you a timeframe for it. For now any monstrous characters for Volo's will need to be created manually.&nbsp; Brian - Which category is incorrect? Also thank you for pointing out that items currently do not have their Descriptions in the "pretty" statblock all across the site, I'll look into that as a later update. Hi Trivia! This may be pedantic, but adventuring gear is one section of the SRD/PHB while magic items are listed separately in a different section of the SRD/DMG. The decanter is listed in the SRD/DMG as "Wondrous item, uncommon" while in the compendium it is "adventuring gear (wondrous item)". I realize that difference may have just been a design decision to make disparate items (magical and mundane) fit in the same format. So if that is the case, let me know, and I won't report that category of stuff anymore. :) As a separate item, you cannot search for +1 items in the website version of the compendium. The search bar strips the "+" out and it cannot find the resulting entry (i.e. "Longsword&nbsp; 1" instead of "Longsword +1").
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Brian! I just got out of a meeting dealing with items, so making sure descriptions (and gold cost!) is added is now on the official devmap.&nbsp; We will most likely be taking another pass on items and their categories....in the future....for another core rulebook.....but that will be some time down the road.&nbsp; (Please don't quote me on this part, it's still in development so the fine details may change) - Also as a part of item updates, we want to add item "templates", so you would be able to add a longsword, and then make it +1 (or flame tongue, or silvered), so the "+1 Longsword" will eventually be depreciated. I'll make a note that the search is stripping out special characters though, which is affecting search ability.&nbsp; Thank you for the feedback! :)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bulette#h-Bulette" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bulette#h-Bulette</a> Deadly Leap : If the bulette jumps at least 15 ft. as part of its&nbsp; Movement , it can then use this action to land on its ft. in a space Should be "feet".
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the report, fixed :) Brian C. said: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bulette#h-Bulette" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bulette#h-Bulette</a> Deadly Leap : If the bulette jumps at least 15 ft. as part of its&nbsp; Movement , it can then use this action to land on its ft. in a space Should be "feet".
I seem to be having trouble with the monsters in my game. If I import a monster like usual by dragging and dropping, it opens a character sheet (not NPC). When I then re-drag the monster into the sheet it populates, but without spells for soellcasting monsters. For example, I add a hag. It opens as a blank character sheet, which I then have to change to an NPC sheet. When I drag the Hag token into this sheet, it makes an NPC with the correct stats, but the spell list is blank.&nbsp; Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited 1535873344
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Lloydski said: I seem to be having trouble with the monsters in my game. If I import a monster like usual by dragging and dropping, it opens a character sheet (not NPC). When I then re-drag the monster into the sheet it populates, but without spells for soellcasting monsters. For example, I add a hag. It opens as a blank character sheet, which I then have to change to an NPC sheet. When I drag the Hag token into this sheet, it makes an NPC with the correct stats, but the spell list is blank.&nbsp; Anyone else experiencing this? I had this same issue about a week ago during both my Saturday (Aug 25th) and Monday (Aug 27th) games. It happened exactly as Lloydski stated and happened with MM, Volo's, ToB, and MToF Compendium items I dragged into play to create a new sheet with. It seemed to be quiet random which sheets worked and which sheets didn't, but my results were the same as described above, it created a blank PC sheet for most of them. I made a small list of what NPC sheets I attempted to create during my Monday (27th) game this past week with both the ones that worked and didn't: Came Out Blank: Riding Horse Guard Acolyte Acolyte of Fierna Crocodile Air Elemental I created the following sheets and they came out fine on the same evening (Monday 27th) around the same time (9pm-1am EST). Scout Guard of Zariel Acolyte of Disapator Air Elemental Myrmidon I didn't keep track of what did and didn't work with the Saturday (25th) game I ran a few days earlier but it was roughly about the same amount that didn't work as well, and there were others at random that did work. On the bright side my game this morning (Sat Sep 1st) did not have any issues similar at all, and all sheets I created worked fine, though I only created two new sheets from the compendium today (Tribal Warrior and Druid Zuggtmoy). I use the Shaped Sheet in both of my games if that holds any merit to the topic as well. While that is not the official supported sheet, it usually seems to work with the compendium and outside of those 2 games I ran the weekend before the newest update on the 28th. &nbsp; I saw on the Release Notes for August 28, 2018 forum post in the bugs fixed section where you called for the community to test and inform you of their experiences. Those are mine. Seems to be working now, but I only tested a few sheets. Hopefully that helps, and I'll also test around tomorrow afternoon and let you all know how that goes.
hi i am getting the problem where you drag a monster from compendium over and the token appears as a blue man, and the sheet is a char sheet vs a npc one. i just started a new game with curse of strahd and am making all the tokens from mm and volo's guide into it and so far i have found war priest, vargouille.