Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Compendium / sheet.json on Custom Character Sheet

I am trying to get a custom character sheet / custom compendium developed.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets#</a>... This wiki section discusses an option to specify a custom compendium / json entry to use with a custom character sheet. However, there seems to be no way to create a custom sheet.json file or a way to create a custom compendium from the game setting area. &nbsp;The only option I see is to choose one of three compendium options - the most likely useful here become the option for one "determined by character sheet". Is there a compendium attribute to assign, not into a sheet.json file but a character sheet? (I may have missed this in the examples). Otherwise, how can I get a custom compendium working with a custom character sheet? Note, I currently cutting and pasting character sheets into the HTML layout settings area as I develop it, I am not using github. Thanks,
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm, AFAIK you cannot make a "custom" compendium (at least not yet...).&nbsp; You can ether use the 5e or Pathfinder compendiums.&nbsp; Allowing users to make a custom compendium is a popular&nbsp; suggestion .
Vince, Thanks - weird the Wiki indicates it's possible now, but thank you for the clarification!
Compendium integration — the ability to drag and drop from a preexisting compendium— is possible now. (i.e. You could build your own personal 5e or Pathfinder character sheet and have it integrate with its respective compendium.)
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Victoria, no... in theory is possible to build your own compendium but you need to request it by email, and they allow only one editor per game system and the game system needs to be OGL. So for example, you cannot make a compendium for the BRP system of Choasium (CoC) but you can for RuneQuest (that uses the MRQ system), I'm not sure about derived game like Delta Green that takes from the classical BRP and the MRQ mixing and matching. From the&nbsp; wiki As of December 1st, 2016, Roll20 has opened the ability for community members to build their own Compendiums for available OGL systems outside of D&D 5th Edition SRD and the Pathfinder SRD. A volunteership program is now available for potential members to volunteer to become a Compendium Editor. These new Compendiums will have all of the features of the original two Compendiums, including Character Sheet integration and drag and drop functionality. Editors will be working to help push content to our users and are expected to respect the rules of the site and the game they are working on - any violation or vandalism of the Compendium will result in removal from the project team. As of December 1st, 2016, Roll20 has opened the ability for community members to build their own Compendiums for available OGL systems outside of D&D 5th Edition SRD and the Pathfinder SRD. A volunteership program is now available for potential members to volunteer to become a Compendium Editor. These new Compendiums will have all of the features of the original two Compendiums, including Character Sheet integration and drag and drop functionality. Editors will be working to help push content to our users and are expected to respect the rules of the site and the game they are working on - any violation or vandalism of the Compendium will result in removal from the project team.
Marco M. said: Hi Victoria, no... in theory is possible to build your own compendium but you need to request it by email, and they allow only one editor per game system and the game system needs to be OGL. So for example, you cannot make a compendium for the BRP system of Choasium (CoC) but you can for RuneQuest (that uses the MRQ system), I'm not sure about derived game like Delta Green that takes from the classical BRP and the MRQ mixing and matching. From the&nbsp; wiki That may very well be, albeit in theory , as you mentioned. But I was pointing out that it is at present possible to integrate character sheets with the two compendiums that are actually in existence.
The wiki is talking about making custom character sheets , not custom compendia.