Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mapping of attribute to icon health bar does not save

Detailed Description of the Problem Mapping of icon statistic circles does not save after icon deletion even after the icon is saved in both the character sheet and at the icon.  Therefore, if I want to make 100 copies of a critter, I need to map the circle to the attribute 100 times. Steps to Reproduce the Problem Setting up a game in such a way as I can create archetype critters for mass production by creating copies. I want to map wounds taken by the archetype critter to the red circle on the icon. I drag the critter to the map, and the critter's icon appears. All good. I open the settings on the icon, and map the red circle to the wounds taken attribute. All good, I can see the appropriate number. I change the wounds taken in the character sheet, and the new number is appropriately reflected. I save the icon settings, and I save the character sheet to make sure the link between icon and sheet is recorded. I delete the icon, then drag the critter back to the map to make a new icon.  The appropriate icon appears, but the attribute link is broken for the red circle. I want to be able to make copies of the critter, and have each copy show the stats from the appropriate character sheet. Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.) Torch (chrome) browser v55.0.0,  Win 10. Using the Shadowrun 5e (advanced) character sheet and an imported dog from Chummer 5a character generator. Good luck :)
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you save a default token to a character sheet, it saves a snapshot of what that token looked like at the time you saved it. Changes made to the token after setting it as the default token won't be part of the default. If you want to make a change and have that change be part of the default, you need to re-set the token as default (deleting the old default).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you read/followed the steps on the wiki:  Linking Tokens to Journals Specifically you want the part on setting up Mooks (bottom half of the article) Hope this helps.
Guys, thanks for the response.  Now I have the terminology down which is always a good start. I can create a mook which allows manual alteration of wounds on the icon bar to individual icons. I want to be able to make copies of the mook in the journal, then drag the copies onto the map so that the wounds are set from the character sheet of the copies and reflected in the bar on the icon.  I can make copies of the mook in the journal, but the icon bars don't track the stat in the journal. I'm starting to think this might be a request for a facility rather than a bug.  Maybe it's still a technical issue?  Or a user issue?
So, what you want to do is: make you journal. Fill out HP (for example) Create token. Link token to sheet and set HP to appropriate bar. Unlink token and unlink HP. (This will not change the values in the boxes) Open the journal and go to Edit. In the bottom left, set the "mook" as the token. What this does, is it endlessly replicates the HP of the creature onto new tokens as you make them, but doesn't actually link to the token. This is important, because if they are all linked to the token, subtracting HP from one will subtract HP from all of them. In this case though, you have an enemy that you can spawn at full health as many times as you need and "hurt" individually. Hope this helps.

Edited 1502515770
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm probably totally misunderstanding what you want/need. Apologies. ;-P Let's assume you link a token to a character journal/sheet(represents), set the token as the default from the journal, and link the token's bars to the chosen attributes.  Each time you drag the journal to the page, you should have a properly linked token and sheet.  If you want to create a mook, you would drag the journal to the page and then unlink the token's bars. Now, copy and paste that token numerous times to the page to create your mooks.  Each mook will still use that journal's attributes, macros, rolls, etc., but you can adjust each mooks token bar value without affecting the journal's attribute. This is commonly done for Hit Points.  Does this method not work for your needs? Given you have properly setup a linked token to a journal, if you make a copy(duplicate) of that journal and drag the copy to the page, it's token bars are still linked to the original sheet, the copy(duplicated) sheet, and to any other default token's on the page.  Adjusting a token's bar value, is going to adjust ALL tokens still linked to the original journal and the copy(duplicated) journal.  It will also adjust the attribute's value and be reflected in all linked sheet's.  This is often a common complaint on these forums.  "Why are all my tokens values changing whenever I change one?"  If you want a linked token with linked bars to a specific sheet, this is probably more like creating a "named" NPC/monsters. This would basically be exactly the same as creating PC.  Each one's a snowflake. edit: should have refreshed.  ;-)
Thanks Guys, you've been helpful.   Looks like the system's not broken, it just won't do what I want (ie create multiple named snowflakes with linked health etc).  I'll do the manual linking thing for each as it's heaps faster than adding varying weaponry & ammo to shadowrun char sheets. In your honour, all Boss mobs will now be named Vince or Brian and carry SFX assault rifles.