Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sell Single tokens from packs

Hi Would it be a good idea to be able to buy single tokens from packs? You need a assassin vine token, the search suggests market place tokens but you are only able to buy the entire pack. I think I certainly would buy them much more regularly if tokens had an individual price as well as a bundle price. Just an idea, but a good one I think?
You are going to end up spending a lot more over the long run doing it that way, and I almost always find uses for the other items in the packs I buy. It really comes down to the creators and if they want to go through the trouble of trying to price out and list all of the items individually, in the end I can't see how it would be worth their time for it.
It's not cost effective for them to offer single token purchases due to fees for processing transactions through paypal or credit/debit cards.
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
As Sky said, its probably because of transactions fee and all that, the minimum price for a pack is 4,99.
Paypal fees are % based so shouldn't make any difference.
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
"the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD"
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Roll20 used to have this feature but it was discontinued, as it didn't prove usefull to the majority of artists or purchasers.
Greg B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I personally would love to do small sets or single characters.  Kind of like buying a miniature in a store.  But as Dsurion said, Roll20 has a minimum price of $4.99, so unless one is willing to pay 4.99 per character, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I wonder if there would be a market for doing really detailed sets of a single figure.   One set might be The  Archetypal Human Male Warrior;  then do the same character in 4-8 poses, with 6-12 different weapons and armor in each pose, mounted and unmounted, prone, sleeping, petrified, injured and dead, all in 4 different color variations.  Something where you're buying a "Whole Character" that you can setup with all as a rollable table token with all the poses and equipment you use for your character.
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Some sets do something like that, but not with that many options for a single character (usually 3-4 weapons). Its not a bad idea, but the problem I see with that is that for a party thats 4-5 sets for all characters (for all to have that level of customization). Its not a style everyone use (Pixel Art), but Zeshio usually does 3-4 poses for each character + a dead pose, i did something similar with my catfolk pack but without the dead pose. Example Female Catfolk Wizard      
The Aaron said: I wonder if there would be a market for doing really detailed sets of a single figure.   One set might be The  Archetypal Human Male Warrior;  then do the same character in 4-8 poses, with 6-12 different weapons and armor in each pose, mounted and unmounted, prone, sleeping, petrified, injured and dead, all in 4 different color variations.  Something where you're buying a "Whole Character" that you can setup with all as a rollable table token with all the poses and equipment you use for your character. I would be interested in that as a player.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have heard multiple players say that they have a hard time finding character tokens that they like. When I asked for more information, they specified things like specific combos related to race, class, armor, and weapon. It is probably impossible to cover every combination, but there definitely seems to be some demand for packs that have the most popular combos. I have heard players claim that they would pay $4.99 for a character token pack if the pack contained that one character token they like. Does that sound about right?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds right to me, but I'm probably a bizarre case.  I feel like there's a market for the "Fully Possible Action Figure" out there, and it might actually fit well into certain artist's processes.