Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Just bought TftYP, no PDF?

So yeah, like the title says, I just bought TftYP. I was expecting a downloadable PDF, but I can't seem to find one. Looking at the Marketplace screen, it still has the button to purchase the module again (and clicking it brings up the payment screen). However, I can confirm the first purchase was successful as I already imported the content to a game of mine, and can view all content in-game. It's just the PDF that I can't seem to obtain.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
All of the contents of the module/addon are available as cross-linked handouts, characters, maps, etc in the game where you have them.

Edited 1502748743
So you mean there's no single PDF with all the info compiled in it? I was expecting to get something like this that I can read out of game: <REDACTED>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That isn't the format that Roll20 Content is provided in.  Also, please don't post links to pirated material.
Um. Not the best first impression. So to prep and run the adventure I would either have to buy the actual physical handbook and the Roll20 version, or 'pirate' something in addition to buying it from Roll20? Because face it, a bunch of interlinked handouts is not the best way to read through a large amount of stuff.   :/
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I can't really speak to how prepping would work best, that's going to vary by individual. &nbsp;The content in the modules and addons is very well laid out and linked, much easier to traverse than a PDF and more useful during play, in my experience. &nbsp;YMMV. &nbsp;Roll20's products are designed to be the best experience on Roll20, to take the grunt work out of setting up a module-based game on Roll20. &nbsp;Offering a PDF would be great, in my opinion, but simply is not the model that Roll20 uses. &nbsp;If you want to discuss it in detail, email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.
Yeah, I'm not arguing that the content is helpful for on-the-spot reference, or that they eliminate a lot of grunt work setting up. Agree totally on that. Just disappointed there's no PDF version included. Especially since the first module I tried on Roll20 provided it. Ah well.&nbsp;
Thanks for your help anyway :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yes, sorry I couldn't give you better news. &nbsp;Many community Modules and Addons have PDFs, and even some PathFinder ones. &nbsp;Different publishers have different rules though, and I imagine the modules have as much as they can provide under the contract they have to provide it. If you have any questions regarding the contents of other Modules and Addons, feel free to ask on the forum or email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.
So far, Wizards of the Coast seems to have decided not to produce PDFs of 5e D&D products. Not sure if it will do any good, but you could let WotC know that you are interested in PDFs.
Rabulias said: So far, Wizards of the Coast seems to have decided not to produce PDFs of 5e D&D products. Not sure if it will do any good, but you could let WotC know that you are interested in PDFs. I... don't see that it's gonna accomplish much &nbsp;XD
To be fair, there is a disclaimer on the front page of any WoTC modules in the marketplace....
If you mean this:&nbsp;&nbsp;Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded. That warning exists on every module in the marketplace, downloadable PDF or not.
Ultimately this is the problem I have with Wizards partnerships with other sites. Want to use material on roll20? Pay full price, want to use material on D&D Beyond? Pay full price. Oh you bought the books? Still full price. I buy all the books to support wizards, and quietly acquire the pdfs when needed. I have a shelf of books with spines unopened. I'm dying for an official source of PDFs for the core books. Considering the DMsguild is a thing it's silly they don't sell'em.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This is going off topic. Since the original question is now answered, I'll close this thread. Further discussion on other topics can be taken to more appropriate venues.&nbsp;