Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fail on natural 1 or 2 as part of a macro?

This can't be that uncommon of a question, but I did search around a bit and I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just blind, and if that's so, I apologize. I'm working with a macro for D&D 3.5, using the automated sheet that's available (whomever did the spell section should be punished, dear lord I can't imagine being a non-spontaneous caster, it must be horrifying writing a full macro for every single darn spell), and I've reached a point where I just can't figure out what to do. I'm trying to create a macro for the Erase spell, and the Erase spell necessitates a Caster Check in the form of 1d20 + Caster Level, with a result of >15. So far, so good, because I pretty much just reverse-engineered the pre-existing macro for the general concentration check used by the sheet's template, and came up with the following: {{Caster check:= [[ {1d20} + {[[ @{casterlevel} ]] }>15 ]] }} And it seems to be working fine. The problem , however, is that not only do I need a result of >15, but the spell also fails on a Natural 1 or 2 . So, if I have a caster level of 15, and I roll a 1, which would be >15, I should still fail. It tried {{Caster check:= [[ {1d20>2} + {[[ @{casterlevel} ]] }>15 ]] }} but it didn't seem to have any effect. How do I resolve this? Given how common "Natural # is still always a fail" is in roleplaying, I can't imagine there not being a function for it. Again, apologies if this comes up a lot, or if I'm just missing something.
Ignore this, I was evidently just being retarded. >2 practically means greater-or-equal-to 2, in this context, apparently, so if I just set >2 to >3, it should work, because >2 apparently does fail on a 1 after all. Oh man, so much work for such an easy solution.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You might want something like this for your roll: 1d20 cf<2 cf (critical fail) sets the range over which the die is colored red.