Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Losing Skill Macro Edits in Pathfinder Character Sheet

Any edits to the skill macros in the Pathfinder character sheet skills tab are being overwritten with the default macro.  All other fields on the tab seem to be fine, including notes.  I have not yet determined a pattern, only that every few days, the edits I have made disappear.  Is there something special I need to do (or not do) to preserve my macro edits?

Edited 1502896224
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sorry that should not have happened. it probably happened when we made the update which went into effect yesterday. the only change that should have happened was add the following to the roll: before: @{skill_macro} + [[@{Appraise}]] after: @{skill_macro} + [[@Appraise}]] + + [[ @{checks-cond} + @{buff_check_skills-total} + @{buff_Check-total} ]] and it only did a search and replace, should not have updated the whole thing. Like I said it should not happen again, but to make sure it does not happen, double check the settings page.  Go to Settings, scroll down to "Migrations", and make sure every checkbox is checked.  Do the same for the "Macros" section if one of them is unchecked, then the sheet will attempt to reset it.
Thank you for the response.  I have looked at the Migrations section, and every box within the section is checked except for the one at the upper left, "Is a V1 sheet".  Does this also need to be checked?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
no that is just to tell the code whether the sheet existed before version 1.00. 
Just so you know, all the edits I made were added to the very end of the respective macros (postfix additions, if you will).  I do not know how this would interact with the algorithm used to update the macros, but there you go, in case it does. Thanks again for the quick responses.
Oh no, is there any way to restore our skill macros?  We have made numerous edits to our skill macros in our game, and countless hours of edits have been lost.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If your GM is pro: 1. your GM can restore a game from up to 7 days ago. if he does that, 2. changes the character sheet to "custom"&nbsp; 3. uses an older copy of the sheet: (this is the version from just before 1.65:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... ) 4. then you can open the sheets, copy the macros out, then paste them back in when you go back to the current sheet. I cannot even replicate this ,when i customize my macros on an earlier version and upgrade, all my customizations are kept. so .. not sure what is wrong
I am not sure that it is necessarily associated with an upgrade. &nbsp;I say this because they have gone missing even when there had been no upgrade notice. &nbsp;At one point, I thought it may be connected to the recalc button, but I have not been able to reproduce that.