Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No changes i make to a character sheet takes place (as a GM)

I'm relatively new to this so it may be somehow my fault, but I've just started a new game as a GM. Me and none of my friends have ever played before (although we have the books and some of us have watched youtube series etc) but we're making do. The real problem is that while i can access and type into fields and drag and drop stuff into certain fields (e.g. adding a longbow to the equipment) for some reason the drag and dropped item from the compendium into the equipment section does not auto fill out an attack box neither does spells i add or tools etc. This is already distressing but its even moreso given the fact that one of my players is able to edit character sheets without a problem! We both have collaborated and tried to figure out if I'm doing anything wrong but we are doing the exact same thing the only thing different is when i do it nothing changes! Please if anyone can help me here it would be greatly appreciated i am using he ORL 5e new sheet so its nothing to do with the play testing material etc.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. You might be surprised at what 'little' things can drastically affect your game; would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, I'll move this over to Bugs and we can dive deeper into troubleshooting :)