Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFP) The Far Shore - Homebrewed PF Campaign, Saturday nights 7 pm EST

Hi folks! I'm putting the finishing touches on a new campaign world and decided it's time I started looking for players to fill out the roster. Here is a bit about the world and what I'm looking for in a player. - The world is Argona . It is a largely unexplored world, but recent technological advances are allowing it to expand in ways it's never had the opportunity to before. Power is held by a small number of kingdoms who have embraced the new technology of gunpowder and naval navigation. - Banks hold influence that was once the domain of those on the throne. The church refuses to be limited by national borders and works the masses into a faith mad mob to be turned on any who resist the leadership's wishes. - Magic is a subject not spoken of among polite company. At best, it is a remnant of ancient children's tales; nothing to spend even a moment's thought on. At worst, it is a foul, black art practiced in the dark of night by those who would form pacts with infernal beings through evil rituals and blood sacrifice. - Monsters are, for the most part, a thing of the past, having been hunted to near extinction as civilization spread across the face of "the Old Country". Now, most monsters have only been seen as taxidermy specimens or heads mounted on the walls of the largest noble houses. - Dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings and other forms of demi-humans have all but disappeared from the world, taking on a role much like they have in our own real world history. - Dragons pop up occasionally in rumors spread by travelers and merchants who wander far abroad, but there hasn't been an actual, documented account of one in civilized territory in over a hundred years. Word has reached King Whelgrad of Rassovar that mariners, swept off course during a westward exploration, have sighted a vast land mass, at least as large as the home continent of Alverim , possibly larger. They tell of going ashore only to be met by a strange,primitive race of people who appeared friendly at first, but quickly became angry and extremely hostile, driving the sailors back to their boat. During the time they were ashore, the men claim to have seen huge beasts that stalked both them and the natives. The king has appointed Warden Rhavus Thorne head of an expeditionary and settlement force that will sail for the "New World" and claim territories for the crown, as well as granting land, and possible titles, to those undertaking the hardships of the voyage. There has been a kingdom-wide lottery and 30 families have been chosen for the journey, as well as a military component, a small retinue of adventurers in the service of the Warden and you - a team of adventurers, or mercenaries, if you will, who are to serve in any way needed in the new lands. Consensus among yourselves seems to be that you're largely expendable, but the Warden was friendly and bright as he welcomed you aboard The Crown's Reach this morning and you can't help but feel hopeful as you set sail. Your pulse races a bit and your head swims with the possibilities that lay ahead of you on The Far Shore . ==================================== Now, on to what I want from you: - Be active and friendly. There will be a Skype chat channel and a group forum here on Roll20 - use them to get to know your fellow players and make friends. If you're looking to just log-in each week at game time, save us both a lot of time and go get a subscription to WoW. - Don't be aggressive with other players or me. Disagreements happen from time to time, we all know that. But, I won't have someone freak out and go all batshit on someone in a game I'm running. Friendly discussion is fine, but outright fighting over rules or disagreements is a sure fire way to get booted. - Be more focused on the enjoyment of everyone at the table and the shared adventure you're all on than the rules if there's an issue. If it's an error that absolutely must be addressed, save it for after the session, please. I have a post-game feedback period every session and prefer working things out there to disrupting a session. - Be team minded! - Be able to meet every Saturday night at 7 pm EST , and play for roughly 4-5 hours. Chat will probably be done through Skype . Ok, I think that's all. If you're interested or have any questions please PM me here and I'll try to cover it all and set up an interview through Skype for us to see if our personalities will work together. Thank you for your time. ~ Ironhead
I'm kind of interested, but before I throw my hat in, I have a few questions to clear some things up. In this setting, it's just humans and majorly non-magic users, yeah? Does that limit our character range to Human Fighter, Barb, Rogue, or would you be OK with a Druid or Cleric, something of the sort. Is Skype negotiable? With Discord's latest update, it does everything Skype does without calling actual phones. How rigid is the game going to be? Will our characters have to act in such a manner that has to fit the setting and attitude, or is it more light hearted fun than gritty graphic novel? Lastly, what's expected of us as players? Do we need a 3 part story book with pop up pictures for our backstory? Do our microphones (and cameras?) have to meet podcast level quality? Etc, etc. If I were to be a player in your game, I would greatly respect the effort put into the setting. As a part time DM, I understand the difficulty of building a world. As a player, I would enjoy to have an at least minimally serious roleplay setting with the usual OOC fun and lightheartedness.
       The setting isn't just humans; it's a largely human-centric world, but there are other races. For the most part they avoid humans and behave like the dwarves, elves and fey of our real world legends, but beyond the veil of that they have deep, rich histories that pre-date mankind. Magic is not non-existent, it's just not spoken of among polite society. Most don't believe it exists, if it ever did, but those curious enough to look into it know otherwise.        Discord would probably work alright if enough people prefer it. I'm not hellbent on using Skype, it's just what I've used most often in the past.         I wouldn't say it's going to be very rigid. I don't mind humor or joking at the gaming table, but I'm not much for cartoonish antics. If the party wants to do something to get back at a local constable who has made their lives hell - sure, I'm all for that. If they want to steal an airship, paint it pink, name it something obscene and use it as a mobile brothel - that I might have a problem with. The world itself will lean toward darker and grittier fantasy.        I really don't have anything particular in mind for players, other than being friendly and team-oriented. I'd like a backstory, but it's up to you as to how much detail you want to add. Mics will have to be good enough for everyone to understand you when you speak - no big demands there. Cameras won't be used. All in all, what I'm hoping to put together is the fun and relaxed atmosphere of our old in-person games in the Roll20 setting, if possible. I'm not going to lay out a ton of rules or demands. I just want us all to have a good time.
Heya! This looks interesting! My Skype is ferelonshaderoot and my discord is William#7031. Message me when you can!
I am interested in this.  I will send you a PM.

Edited 1503191479
Are there any major class or content restrictions (I.E. Core rulebook, Core+ACG, etc.)?  Also, I'm interested, and sent you a message with my info.
I am interested in this. Will send a PM
   PMs sent.
Bumping.  We have 3 players so far.
Still looking for a few more for this game. 

Edited 1503613635
Im interested in trying pathfinder out. Never played it, always wanted to.
I am interested in this game and have been looking for a good Saturday game.