Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My game has phantom characters and handouts

One of my games has a bunch of phantom characters and handouts in the sidebar which I can't get rid of. Whenever I delete them, they will go away, but as soon as I refresh the page they return.  How do I get rid of this?
Greetings! What is the name of the game you are having this issue in? Additionally, does it have any modules or addons that were added? It is likely that this is a firebase issue. I would request that you move any and all sheets that are causing this issue to the very bottom of your journal entries. This will help the devs when trying to locate. Also if you could provide the names of these characters it will make sure we don't remove items you want to keep :) We should be able to get you up and running afterwards!
I am having this exact same problem. I created some character sheets for my players, but didn't need them. I've tried deleting them repeatedly but they keep coming back! This is what it looks like:
Hi mjsoctober, Could you provide the information outlined in the question above? All of that should help speed up the process of getting this resolved :)
Drespar said: Hi mjsoctober, Could you provide the information outlined in the question above? All of that should help speed up the process of getting this resolved :) Not sure what you mean by the "name of the game". I am running a D&D 5e game. No, no modules or add-ons. Vanilla Roll20, and I have been using the D&D 5e Char sheet created by Actoba. I have tried giving the sheets character names and then deleting them, but they still come back.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
mjsoctober said: Not sure what you mean by the "name of the game". See: Game Name
Thanks, Silvre, the game name is ESFGC Knights - Curse of Strahd
My game name is "TVS (Old)".  I managed to use transmogrifier to move my characters over to a new game, so I'm mostly fine now but I am still curious about the issue.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The phantom characters were caused by a Nothic character getting deformed. I cleared it out and you should be good to roll.
Steve K. said: The phantom characters were caused by a Nothic character getting deformed. I cleared it out and you should be good to roll. Thank you very much, Steve!