Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mongoose Traveller 1e and 2e Sheets

There are a number of issues with the sheets. The button on the right side of Skills to enable the dropdown/additional fields for Specializations is hidden on over half the skills, even ones with normal specializations. Skills like Recruiting, Weapon Engineering, Combat Engineering, Discipline, Security, and likely others are not properly enabled in the 1e sheet, though it can admittedly be added at the bottom. Attributes do not calculate modifiers past 15 points, despite the fact that the system actually does continue scaling bonuses up for every 3 points, which then leads to having to manually change the modifier every time you open the sheet, which gets incredibly tedious. There is only a single field for Armour, despite the fact that characters will often carry more than one setup for armor, and there really ought to be at LEAST an option to add more fields for it. Also, for calculating skill bonuses, you can only add bonuses to the main skill, not to specific specialities. This is problematic for cases like The Wrecker, which gives +2 to Trade:Salvage/Repair, but with how the sheet is done, you'd need to give it a blanket bonus to all Trades.
I will look into the 1st edition.  Which browser are you using?
Here is the sheet I am using to test out the fixes/improvements . The button on the right side of Skills to enable the dropdown/additional fields for Specializations is hidden on over half the skills, even ones with normal specializations.  The only one I found was Pilot, and I have put a fix into the test sheet. Skills like Recruiting, Weapon Engineering, Combat Engineering, Discipline, Security, and likely others are not properly enabled in the 1e sheet, though it can admittedly be added at the bottom.  Since these were not in the main book, which was the only one I was going to purchase, I did not install them as default skills.  Instead, as you have noted, I made a repeating field for any extras. Attributes do not calculate modifiers past 15 points, despite the fact that the system actually does continue scaling bonuses up for every 3 points, which then leads to having to manually change the modifier every time you open the sheet, which gets incredibly tedious.  I stopped at 15 because the book says " The maximum level for a characteristic for an unaugmented human character is 15".  I missed the ' unaugmented  ' words, so...what is a reasonable maximum to use?  I have pushed the number up to 26 [+6 mod] on the test sheet. There is only a single field for Armour, despite the fact that characters will often carry more than one setup for armor, and there really ought to be at LEAST an option to add more fields for it.  Which do you want: more fields, or a repeating field? I have made three armor spot in the test sheet. Also, for calculating skill bonuses, you can only add bonuses to the main skill, not to specific specialties. This is problematic for cases like The Wrecker, which gives +2 to Trade:Salvage/Repair, but with how the sheet is done, you'd need to give it a blanket bonus to all Trades. I can see how that can be annoying.  I have added this to the test sheet.
Functionally speaking, I don't think it's actually possible to get about higher than an 18 base racial max, +4 from various Augments, so 26 would fairly likely allow enough room for all likely situations. The only situation that'd break out of that is someone with Bone Lacing from Cybernetics, and it'd need to be a LOT of that, and that'd only affect the modifier itself, but that's... unlikely to have anyone ever really do. The armor thing is useful to have more, a repeatable would be appreciated just for flexibility's sake, if that'd be doable. The skill bonuses one is very good to see. Thank you a ton for doing all of this, man. This looks really good.
Armour is now repeatable.  Check it out, hit some buttons, and tell me if the change is good to push to github.
Would it be possible to add a fillable box for the Armour section on the right hand, similar to the ones for the melee/ranged weapons? It'd help account for additional options, like extended life support and whatnot on Armour.
Click on the little green symbol, and the box is underneath it.