Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Player looking for reliable long term DnD 5E game

Hello I'm a relatively new DnD player (I've been playing about a year) looking for a long term group playing 5th edition. I am currently in a group that is inconsistent with attendance/sessions and doesn't focus at all on roleplaying, with a GM that can play fast and loose with the rules, and I realize it's not what I want AT ALL. I've been binge-watching a ton of Critical Role so if there are any DMs out there who care about plot as well as fighting and have players who show up on time/every week, I'd REALLY love to join a group *that* committed to DnD. I also have a friend who wants to join so if you have space for 2 that would be even better! My timezone is EST, I'm free in the evenings after 10 but Saturday after 8pm would be the most ideal time. I've been using Roll20 this entire time and have experience with discord and skype. I'd be fine playing in an LGBT environment or one that's generally accepting of different people.
Looking for the same things so I'm definitely down.  New to D&D but I've played several others over the years. Not a fan of "Meh, that's fine" DMs so anyone who can manage a game with consistency, even if I disagree with some specifics, would be great.
Do you mean that you're a DM in to the same things?
No, unfortunately.  Leaving Shadowrun for something new and D&D 5e got my attention.
Oh okay, that's alright, I suppose this would mean that there's 3 potential players looking for this type of DM playstyle
What do you mean fast and loose with the rules?
Uh the DM would get a few things wrong and when corrected wouldn't really apologize or anything. Battle has been less than fun sometimes because of the way the map was set up or how combat went. A few things I'd rather not get in to on a public forum so I don't nitpick openly.
I'm also looking for that literal exact same thing as a player. Similar issue, but more player related. Also, the "c" team is my poison of choice. If you're still open to having more players, definitely drop me a message.

Edited 1503301413
I see, I see. Well I'm definitely looking to start a group here soon with a story I've written. I"m just trying to figure out the Roll20 system and ways of communication first. After that though. I am hoping to start a 5e DnD session that starts out with my first story, "The Lords of Magic" which is essentially about the world become really strange, dangerous, and evil. People are now trying to solve the mystery so that things can hopefully go back to normal.   This would be my first time DMing, but I've been playing DnD and Pathfinder for 5 years. 
Sounds good, Jose.
Jose, would saturday evenings (as mentioned in my OP) work for you?
Hey! Just so everyone knows, I'm the aforementioned friend! Looking for the same things honestly, really wanna be in a committed game with rp focus (and hopefully, backstory relevancy)! Saturday is the best day for me, personally..
Let me know if you guys get something going!, Saturdays would work for me

Edited 1503370557
I'd be interested in joining as a player too. Saturday nights would be perfect for me. I'm in a campaign that's ending next week so I'm looking for a new one to start.