Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] ST looking for VtM or WtA players (LGBT+ Friendly)

Hello all, the WoD bug has bitten me and I have a few ideas for what I'd like to run. I want to see if these ideas are interesting to anyone and then calculate which one is the most popular and see about running it. First, to Vampire: I got started in Vampire the Masquerade for my intro to table top rpgs. While not perfect in meta or crunch, I know enough to alter things and mix/match what suits me and the games I want to run best. I will state under no uncertain circumstances that I am not looking to run a standard Camarilla Vampire game . I really have never had much love for the Camarilla and have played in enough of their games (and run enough) to be burned out on it. I rather dislike them being the go-to for the game, but I am digressing into nerd rage. Here are the ideas I have and for what Sects/Clans I am willing to run for: Random Clan:  I do like the modularity of Vampire: the Masquerade and many WoD games where you can play a doctor but with vastly different interpretations. I'd like people to build a mortal archetype of what they'd like to play (aforementioned doctor, a street walker, a grandparent, whatever) and then we'll randomly generate what Bloodline/Clan you get Embraced into. I see this especially working well for Sabbat shovelheads during a Crusade or Anarchs who are turned and don't like the rule of the Camarilla/Sabbat. Character generation will be different depending on which Sect is chosen. Ghouls: I am actually fine running a Camarilla game with Ghouls & Revenants. I am also really eager to try out the Sabbat with them, maybe even Anarchs. This game idea is pretty simple: You are a ghoul or revenant. Your lives will be more complicated as you are at best a knight in a game of eternal chess. Low powered horror, gritty survival, and plenty of wits will be needed for this game. Trying to bring the "horror" back to urban horror. Single Clan: The differences of modularity/mortal choice would be very effective here. Again, could probably do a Camarilla with this and I would really like to accentuate differences and focus on micro-politics between Clan and/or Bloodline members. I will list which Bloodlines and Clans I am willing to run this for, along with what allies they might have which could be portrayed (like the Tremere+Gargoyles). I would be happy running: Baali (+Apostates) Caitiff Cappadocian (+Lamia) Followers of Set (+Offshoots and maybe True Brujah) Gangrel (+Ahrimanes and City Gangrel in Sabbat setting) Giovanni Malkavian (+Dominate Malkavians) Tremere (+maybe Gargoyles) Tzimisce (+Kolduns, Old Clan, and Revenant born) Ventrue (+Daughters of Cacophony (and Salubri Antitribu if Sabbat)) If this idea interests you please let me know which Bloodline or Clan most interests you. In fact a few in your order of preference would be good, like: Giovanni->Malkavian->Tzimisce->Tremere->Ventrue or whatever.  Generational Game: A game starting in the Dark Ages and moving into modern times. I could run either Giovanni Chronicles or Transylvania Chronicles to play with this idea or my own idea. Now I will say this is not an invitation for people to start out elders and just grow into unkillable swiss army knives of Disciplines. I want character interactions, not the way most people imagine the Sabbat in the Dark Ages. There will be vast decade-century gaps in the game which can be worked with and your actions can change the meta of our world of darkness. I'm more interested in seeing how characters evolve and want to become a fan of the characters versus just running a module though. Werewolf: the Apocalypse    I'm not as well versed in Werewolf as I am Vampire and Wraith but I know it decently I think. I have somewhat similar ideas for this one, but am willing to work with the following: Single Tribe:  Again, see Single Clan game above. This is about the Tribe as a whole and how different Auspices and walks of life show how this Tribe is working. Still doing politicking and Wyrm-battling, just in obviously different ways. The Tribes I'll work with are: Bone Gnawers Glass Walkers Red Talons Shadow Lords Stargazers Uktena Wendigo (Maybe Skinwalker) Hengeyokai:  A game of the Beast Courts of the East. Probably going to be set in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Osaka, Bangkok, Singapore, or Phuket (I am willing to take other ideas and perhaps even do an American "Asiatown" style too). Open to many more Changing Breeds and with different politics in the same fight. As per usual the only Werewolves allowed will be: Boli Zousizhe (Glass Walkers), Hakken (Shadow Lords), Scarlet Talons (Red Talons), and Stargazers. The Changing Breeds that wouldn't be allowed are: Ajaba, Anansi, several Bastet, Gurahl, and Nuwisha. Single Breed:  Akin to the single Tribe game only about a single Changing Breed. I don't see many offers for Changing Breeds games and I tend to vastly prefer several of these shifters to Werewolves, but that's just me. Here are the list of Breeds I am willing to work with: Ajaba* Ananasi Bastet (Many Tribes, maybe even Ajaba) Mokole (Many Tribes) Ratkin Phew, there we go!  Those are the ideas I have and am willing to work with. Please respond here with what game(s) you'd like. If you PM me what you'd like I'll assume you read to the game you wanted and privately asked me to run it and your voice won't be heard. I'll be debating, based on responses, what to run. I will admit I am what I like to call a flexible hardass. I am more than willing to listen to what you'd like, bend rules, and change the RAW format when things just don't work or work poorly. However I am also not averse to saying "no, not in this game" or telling you what doesn't work to me. There is a difference between being permissive and a doormat after all.  Time, day, and frequency are up in the air currently. I am American Central Time  so that will be a factor. The formats that are known are that we will be using Discord for voice and not using video. Also, pre-emptively no to the following: No, this will not be a text-only game.  And, finally, as is normal for my games - This is an LGBT+, racially inclusive, and pro-female game. I am not looking for haters of any kind nor am I going to deny someone because of their sexual orientation, gender/sex, or race. Have a good day!
Hello me and my friend who my be writing soon after me or mayhap not are interested in playing with you and we are fine with either game 

Edited 1503356629
Adrian H and I would like to join i'm a bit of a new player but i'm sure I can learn fast
Depending on day and time, would be interested in joining a VtM game, and something different from Cam would be fine with the right story/setting.
While I appreciate y'alls interest, this is definitely for narrowing down a concept, not just "I'd like to play!" Can you, if ALL of these ideas are fine with you, at least tell me in what order you'd be interested in playing them? The most I've gotten was Matthew C. saying "VtM over WtA" which still just cuts out only 3 ideas. Thanks!
Ah apologies I simply wanted to make my interest known first as for my preferences I would prefer to play VtM with the random clan idea I also speak for Heretic as I am currently on skype with him also Heretic told me to write that he'd prefer not to play as a nosfaratu due to the fact that he would rather not spend half the game in sewers
No problem! 2 votes for Random Clan game! Wee! And yes, I'll have to consider how to handle Appearance 0 vampires.
What time will this game happen?
As it states in the first post: Day and time have not been set. This is to search out what game to run before cementing a time and day.
Overall I like the Generational idea, though sounds like it could take some time to flesh out and reach the modern times. Developing a character and seeing them change and mature through the ages is exciting to delve into. The random clan shovel head could be an interesting mix as well to go through. Random mix of clan can be unpredictable and fun to explore. Should still have something that ties the players together though. I'd also be willing to try out the single Clan and bloodlines, though not certain all of those mixes appeal to me. Would love to do a Giovanni or Tremere game, possibly another group. All really depends on time and day though if I can join this.
I would enjoy playing as a random clan because it sounds like a great fun, though i will have to see day and time
So when is this going to happen? Do you have a time and day set? Also: I'd like to play! 
Interested in anything pertaining to vampires, ghouls, or revenant.
Days I could run this are: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The times are still up in the air. @Paddy: I'll get you for this. >B[
I would love to join depending on date and time.   I like generational game VTM, single clan Tremere/Giovanni, or a Mokole Game (never played them but they always seemed interesting).
Monday or Sunday evenings could work for me. Have games booked on Tuesday and every other Thursday a game (if bi-monthly possibly the opposite week). Prefer to keep my Saturday free

Edited 1503417456
I vote sabat game that could be fun if done right and everyone isnt going to go to crazy. But I would be happy just to play a world of darkness game. Monday would work for me. Also love the random clan ideal be cool to see what people get.
I'm up for any mornings.
I have decided to try Random Clan w/Sabbat. Please note I am a Sabbat fanboy so those who want to play raving bloody lunatics and murderfiends are highly discouraged as I will slap you down hard. I have a listing up and am STILL flexible on date and time. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87023/shovelhea" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87023/shovelhea</a>... Thanks for the input all.
If you should happen to want to play late (10pm CST is my earliest regular availability :( ) &nbsp;or work around my moving off days (wed and thurs this coming week, ugh) I would LOVE to join. &nbsp;This sounds fucking fantastic. If that doesn't work, if anybody else wants to do something late, hit me up