Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player link should not be hot text in the chat window

The player link appears in the chat window as a live link. This is never actually useful, since clicking it leads only to where you are, and it makes for a slight difficulty in selecting it as text. Could the player link be escaped so that the parser renders it as a simple string?
Then people couldn't copy or drag&drop it as link...
No? I'm used to chat and mail programs rendering anything as hot text that is formatted as a URL. I can re-type the URL and have it arrive as a clickable link. But since that is the case, could we contrive to have a space after the URL to make it easier to select it accurately? Not being able to click in the text and then select-whole-word is a pest, and going to get worse in iOS.
The nice thing about a link is that you don't have to select it character-perfect. You just right-click it and select "copy link". Same goes double for IOS, where selecting an unlinked URL is a medium hassle, and copying a link is just tap&hold then select "copy".
Good points. I withdraw my suggestion.