Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

Double inline rolls aren't rolling

Original thread:  link I was trying to make a macro to display my players' passive perceptions, insights, and ACs. I was getting an error where the inline rolls around other inline rolls weren't being rolled. The first two double inline rolls work, but they fail after that. Here is the macro &{template:desc} {{desc=Passives : AC : Per : Ins Gossamer : [[@{Gossamer|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Gossamer|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Gossamer|insight_bonus}]]]] Haytham : [[@{Haytham Akos|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|insight_bonus}]]]] Heskan : [[@{Heskan Nerresar|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|insight_bonus}]]]] Lela : [[@{Lela|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Lela|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Lela|insight_bonus}]]]]}} And here is the result I also tried taking it out of the roll template, and here's what I got. The AC roll works fine in all cases. The first two rolls on a line also work just fine in all cases. I tried just rolling the perception and insight, leaving out AC, and as long as each was a new line they worked just fine. I tried using a different setup for the macro with some slightly different results. I tried both in and out of the roll template. &{template:desc} {{desc=Passives : AC : Per : Ins Gossamer : [[@{Gossamer|ac}]] : [[[[10+@{Gossamer|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[[[10+@{Gossamer|insight_bonus}]]]] Haytham : [[@{Haytham Akos|ac}]] : [[[[10+@{Haytham Akos|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[[[10+@{Haytham Akos|insight_bonus}]]]] Heskan : [[@{Heskan Nerresar|ac}]] : [[[[10+@{Heskan Nerresar|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[[[10+@{Heskan Nerresar|insight_bonus}]]]] Lela : [[@{Lela|ac}]] : [[[[10+@{Lela|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[[[10+@{Lela|insight_bonus}]]]]}} The original thread includes my javascript console log. Here is my info from supportdetails.com. Let me know if I can provide any more information.
1503694525
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Haven't got time to do more than simply suggest but try adding padding around your inlines '[[ [[ content ]] ]]' rather than '[[[[content]]]]'. It has been known to solve some issues like this in the past?
Wow, that worked!
1503742682
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Happy to help, I'll still leave this thread open but mark it as resolved so that I can escalate for the devs attention as I'm sure it isn't intended behaviour that you need to pad your inline rolls like that :)
1504042003
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi everyone, We were not able to re-produce this error when trying to create a repeatable simplest case. If you can find a minimum requirement that can reproduce this consistently we can take another look. Thank you
1504044214

Edited 1504044275
The entire macro condensed into a single line and without any template and without padding gives me this Passives : AC : Per : Ins Gossamer : [[@{Gossamer|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Gossamer|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Gossamer|insight_bonus}]]]] Haytham : [[@{Haytham Akos|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|insight_bonus}]]]] Heskan : [[@{Heskan Nerresar|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|insight_bonus}]]]] Lela : [[@{Lela|ac}]] : [[10+[[@{Lela|perception_bonus}]]]] : [[10+[[@{Lela|insight_bonus}]]]] Now a version with only the rolls gives me this [[@{Gossamer|ac}]][[10+[[@{Gossamer|perception_bonus}]]]][[10+[[@{Gossamer|insight_bonus}]]]][[@{Haytham Akos|ac}]][[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|perception_bonus}]]]][[10+[[@{Haytham Akos|insight_bonus}]]]][[@{Heskan Nerresar|ac}]][[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|perception_bonus}]]]][[10+[[@{Heskan Nerresar|insight_bonus}]]]][[@{Lela|ac}]][[10+[[@{Lela|perception_bonus}]]]][[10+[[@{Lela|insight_bonus}]]]] And replacing all of the character references with their actual values gives me this [[15]][[10+[[2]]]][[10+[[0]]]][[15]][[10+[[3]]]][[10+[[3]]]][[19]][[10+[[2]]]][[10+[[4]]]][[12]][[10+[[1]]]][[10+[[1]]]] Padding any of these with spaces as Ziechael suggested works around the problem in all cases I'm not sure how to simplify further.
Actually, I found one simpler. [[15]][[10+[[2]]]][[10+[[0]]]] [[10+[[2]]]][[10+[[0]]]][[10+[[3]]]]
Did you try Ziechael's suggestion about spacing? You don't want 4 closing brackets together. Try like this: [[15]][[10+[[2]] ]][[10+[[0]] ]][[15]][[10+[[3]] ]][[10+[[3]] ]][[19]][[10+[[2]] ]][[10+[[4]] ]][[12]][[10+[[1]] ]][[10+[[1]] ]]
Yes, padding works, but Ziechael said it probably isn't intended behavior for padding to be required, which is why the thread is still open. I did some more testing though, and I've ruled out a few things. I made a brand new game with no character sheet or compendium, as bare bones as possible. I disabled all of my chrome extensions and told Avast to chill for a bit. I entered in the various lines as before and got the same results. It isn't my specific game that's bugged, and it isn't an extension or antivirus causing the issue. I also tried the variant suggested  in the original thread by Kyle G. I got the same results as documented there.
This was brought up years ago. My second bug report about it is here . They have known for a long time.