Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Macro Help. 3.5e

Edited 1503706338
Ok, I'm trying to create a fully functional macro for my Assassin Death Attack (3.5e). After a LOT of experimentation, you see what I've gotten (both screen shot & code). There's a few things here I'm trying to fix, but unsure as to how. 1. {{Effect= [[ ?{Effect?|Death Attack, 1d2|Paralysis, 1d6+@{casterlevel2} } ]] }} A: I inserted "1d2" to make the code work, but is there a way to simply have choosing "Death Attack" say "Death"? B: Paralysis option. It rolls the correct total, but is there a way to get it to read..."Paralyzed for {dice code} rounds"?2. The weapon rolls, is there a way to get it to only show the crit confirm & damage rolls if the crit threat actually happens? Currently is shows all 4 lines every time. Please note: I KNOW it cannot be entered with the line breaks, I did this to make it easier to read, it's also how I edit them in notepad for easier recognition. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{Class Ability= [Death Attack!]( <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack</a>)} } {{Fort DC= [[ 10+@{casterlevel2}+@{int-mod} ]] }} {{Effect= ?{Effect?|Death Attack, DEATH!|Paralysis, Paralyzed for [[1d6+@{casterlevel2}]] rounds } }} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{Attack=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Crit Confirm=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Damage=[[ @{weapon1damage} + {?{Sneak Attack?|0}d6} ]] }} {{Crit Damage=[[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=Deleted to save space.}}&nbsp;

Edited 1503693841
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: &nbsp;{{Effect= [[ ?{Effect?|Death Attack, 1d2|Paralysis, 1d6+@{casterlevel2} } ]] }} As suggested in the other thread, use this as your effect text: {{Effect= ?{Effect?|Death Attack, DEATH!|Paralysis, Paralysed for [[ 1d6+@{casterlevel2} ]] rounds } }}
Doesn't work. Entering text in the 1d2 causes the macro to fail
Entering the text around the 1d6+CL causes it to fail also
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try this: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{Class Ability= [Death Attack!](<a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack</a>)}} {{Fort DC= [[ 10+@{casterlevel2}+@{int-mod} ]] }} {{Effect= ?{Effect?|Death Attack, DEATH!|Paralysis, Paralysed for [[1d6+@{casterlevel2}]] rounds } }} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{Attack=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Crit Confirm=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Damage=[[ @{weapon1damage} + {?{Sneak Attack?|0}d6} ]] }} {{Crit Damage=[[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: Doesn't work. Entering text in the 1d2 causes the macro to fail Kevin Q. said: Entering the text around the 1d6+CL causes it to fail also It is due to leaving the text results as being inside an inline roll, setting it up as Silvyre and I have suggested only puts the calculation in the inline roll leaving the text free to display as desired.
1. Is there a way to have this auto calculate the bonus from the elements? Fire/Cold do +1 damage per dice, Sonic does -1 damage. 2. Electric, is there a way to tie it if I choose electric to have a popup question for if the target's wearing metal, then apply the +3 to the attack roll & the +2 to CL check? &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{subtags=Betty casts [Energy Ray!](<a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay</a> )}} {{School= Psychokinesis }} {{Level= Psion/Wilder 1}} {{Display=Auditory}} {{Cast Time=Standard}} {{Range= Close ( [[25 +[[({floor(@{casterlevel}/2)*5}kl1) ]] ]] ft)}} {{Target= 1 creature }} {{Duration= Instantaneous}} {{Save?= None}} {{Spell Resist.= Yes}} {{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen} ]] vs SR}} {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] }&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received|0} ]] }} {{succeedcheck=Success!}} {{failcheck=Fail! }} {{check= Betty manifests a}} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] ]] vs Touch AC}} {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} }} {{checkroll=?{Energy Type?|Flaming} Kunai and throws it to deal [[ (?{Power Points (1s)?|1}+1)d6} ]] damage.}} {{notes= Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You create a ray of energy of the chosen type that shoots forth from your fingertip and strikes a target within range, dealing 1d6 points of damage, if you succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray. Cold: A ray of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die. Electricity: Manifesting a ray of this energy type provides a +3 bonus on your attack roll if the target is wearing metal armor and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance. Fire: A ray of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die. Sonic: A ray of this energy type deals -1 point of damage per die and ignores an object’s hardness. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest. Augment: For every additional power point you spend, this power’s damage increases by one die (d6). }}
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure, you'd need to change the following sections to read (untested but should work in theory ;) ): {{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen} + {?{Electricity|No,0|Yes,2|Yes and target wearing metal,3},2}kl1 ]] vs SR}} and {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] + [[ ({1d1+?{Electricity}-1}&gt;3) *3 &nbsp;]] vs Touch AC}} and {{checkroll=Ray deals [[ [[?{Power Points (1s)?|1}+1]]d6} ?{Damage Type|None,+ 0 ]] damage.| Cold,+ [[?{Power Points (1s)?|1}+1]] ]] cold damage. |Fire,+ [[?{Power Points (1s)?|1}+1]] ]] fire damage.|Sonic,- [[?{Power Points (1s)?|1}+1]] ]] sonic damage.}&nbsp; }}
I was hoping there was a way to have it all done from one question, lol. Thanks
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2 queries isn't bad for a complex set of variables like that... trust me... try setting up a nested attack option for a level 15 monk/paladin/psychic warrior! ;)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Admittedly you could do it all in one question but it would get complex... if i get time later i'll show how

Edited 1504016548
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try this out for size: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{subtags=Betty casts [Energy Ray!]( <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay</a> )}} {{School= Psychokinesis }} {{Level= Psion/Wilder 1}} {{Display=Auditory}} {{Cast Time=Standard}} {{Range= Close ( [[25 +[[({floor(@{casterlevel}/2)*5}kl1) ]] ]] ft)}} {{Target= 1 creature }} {{Duration= Instantaneous}} {{Save?= None}} {{Spell Resist.= Yes}} ?{Energy Type|Cold,{{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen} ]] vs SR&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] &amp;#125;&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; ]] &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{succeedcheck=Success!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{failcheck=Fail! &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{check= Betty manifests a&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &{template:DnD35Attack&amp;#125; {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] ]] vs Touch AC&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{checkroll=Cold Kunai and throws it to deal [[ [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; + 1 ]]d6 + [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; + 1 ]] ]] damage.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=Cold subtype and [[ 1 + ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; ]] power points used in total.| Electrity (no metal armour),{{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen}+2 ]] vs SR&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] &amp;#125;&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; ]] &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{succeedcheck=Success!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{failcheck=Fail! &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{check= Betty manifests a&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &{template:DnD35Attack&amp;#125; {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] ]] vs Touch AC&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{checkroll=Crackling Kunai and throws it to deal [[ [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; + 1 ]]d6 ]] damage.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=Electricity subtype and [[ 1 + ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; ]] power points used in total.| Electrity (metal armour),{{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen}+2 ]] vs SR&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] &amp;#125;&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; ]] &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{succeedcheck=Success!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{failcheck=Fail! &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{check= Betty manifests a&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &{template:DnD35Attack&amp;#125; {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} + 3 ]] ]] vs Touch AC&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{checkroll=Crackling Kunai and throws it to deal [[ [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; + 1 ]]d6 ]] damage.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=Electricity subtype and [[ 1 + ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; ]] power points used in total.| Fire,{{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen} ]] vs SR&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] &amp;#125;&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; ]] &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{succeedcheck=Success!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{failcheck=Fail! &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{check= Betty manifests a&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &{template:DnD35Attack&amp;#125; {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] ]] vs Touch AC&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{checkroll=Flaming Kunai and throws it to deal [[ [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; + 1 ]]d6 + [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; + 1 ]] ]] damage.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=Fire subtype and [[ 1 + ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; ]] power points used in total.| Sonic,{{CL check: = [[ 1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen} ]] vs SR&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{compcheck=Concentration= [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] &amp;#125;&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; ]] &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{succeedcheck=Success!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{failcheck=Fail! &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{check= Betty manifests a&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &{template:DnD35Attack&amp;#125; {{attack=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{rangedattackbonus} ]] ]] vs Touch AC&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=@{rangedattacknote} &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{checkroll=Pulsing Kunai and throws it to deal [[ [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#124;0&amp;#125; + 1 ]]d6 - [[ ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; + 1 ]] ]] damage.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{notes=Sonic subtype&amp;#44; ignores hardness&amp;#44; and [[ 1 + ?{Augmented (1pp/extra d6)&amp;#125; ]] power points used in total.} }}
That was perfect, thanks man. Now for me to tear apart that code on a notepad & learn it lol
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The key is to find the main point of divergence and work from there, in this case just prior to the CL check. Welcome to the learning curve, its steep but the view from the top is amazing ;)
No worries, I've gotten this far in a matter of days really. Coding is actually kinda natural for me :D&nbsp; Side question, does R20 have a code I can use for popup info? Basically how the dice only show the result, but hover your mouse over it & you see how the result came about. I'd like to do that for the extended spell descriptions if it is possible. That way I can have the full info there, but clean up the chat box.

Edited 1504155341
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
[[1d20+7 [This is a label] + [[?{Circumstance Modifier|0}+?{Some other junk|0}]] [This is also a label] &nbsp;]] Drop that in and it will put the 'label' on the thingsit adds in the die roll.
Is there a way to do that without using dice?
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Oh, not really, the easiest way is to cut the 'extra text' and then toss in a link [I am display text](<a href="http://www.mylinkgoeshere.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.mylinkgoeshere.com</a>)
Can't blame a guy for hoping. I already use the links, I was simply hoping I could still keep the pertinent info there, accessible when needed & invisible when not. Psionic augmentations are really useful to have listed & certain powers need the extra text

Edited 1504293098
Ok can someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I've broken up the code to emphasize the section I'm scerwing up. Also, I know not to use line breaks, this is what I have on my notepad so I can break down the sections to edit easier. The effect section, under method. What I'm trying to do is ask what is being healed (Method) & then have a series of choices based on that. If HP, a popup for PP spent & output of the dice (that part works perfectly outside of this code). If you know a way to display the total and then display separately half of that total (rounded down) I'd appreciate the lesson. Is poison or disease, just a text entry so I can name it. If ability damage then it calculates the max. Something about placing a question within a question is screwing up but I know it can be done. What am I doing wrong? &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} manifests [Empathic Transfer!]( <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/empathicTransfer.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/empathicTransfer.htm</a>)} } {{School= Psychometabolism}} {{Level= Egoist 2}} {{Display=Auditory & Visual}} {{Cast Time=Standard}} {{Range=Touch}} {{Target= Willing creature touched}} {{Duration=Instantaneous}} {{compcheck= Conc [[ {1d20 + [[ @{concentration} ]] }&gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received|0} ]] }} {{succeedcheck=Success!}} {{failcheck=Failure!}} {{Effect= Betty heals ?{Target|---} of ?{Method? |Health, [[?{Power Points?|3, 2|4, 4|5, 6|6, 8}d10]] points of damage & takes half of that to herself. |Pzn/Dis?, of their ?{Pzn/Dis|---} by absorbing it into herself. |Ability Damage, for up to @{casterlevel} points of Ability Damage & takes it into herself} }} {{notes=You heal another creature of 2d10 & take half that You can absorb a poison or disease from the target instead Or you can absorb up to 1 point of ability damage per manifester level Augment Each extra PP increases healing by 2d10}}
I've even gone so far as to nest macros into the options & getting the exact same problems {{Effect= ?{Macro?|Health,#HealHP |Ailment,#HealPZN |Ability Damage,#HealAbility } }}
No matter what I change the question pops up...Method? (Options) Health, 4, 5, 6
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Symbol substitutions. thats the "in the weeds" but if Macro writing.
I take it youmean the html coding, #&125 instead of }. I've been tinkering with that & can't figure out where to replace what (and yes I know there's 3 commonly used subs)
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
You don't replace @{ stuff }... BUT... if you don't want to call an @{stuff} yet, then you need to replace the "@" at the front. I tend to use &amp;commat; as my replacement. Similarly for things like ?{stuff}. If you don't want to call it YET, but want to call it LATER... then you 'hide it' behind a substitution and replace "?". I would use &amp;quest; <a href="https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref" rel="nofollow">https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref</a> is my go to source for them. I find the 'wordy' ones easier to remember.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So yes, it is replacing ',', '|' and '}' of all areas within a query that don't relate to the original query AND don't belong to a call to an attribute/ability... so in your example above it is the bold and italicised entities that you'll need to replace: {{Effect= Betty heals ?{Target|---} of ?{Method? |Health, [[?{Power Points? | 3 , 2 | 4 , 4 | 5 , 6 | 6 , 8 } d10]] points of damage & takes half of that to herself. |Pzn/Dis?, of their ?{Pzn/Dis | --- } by absorbing it into herself. |Ability Damage, for up to @{casterlevel} points of Ability Damage & takes it into herself} }}

Edited 1504389303
Ok, that helped a lot, but there's still a kink. ?{Method?|Health, for [[?{PP |3, 2|4, 4|5, 6|6, 8}d10]]HP & takes half of that to herself.| This section the question fails & no dice are rolled. I have tried with the ]] & with with ]]
Ok, got the previous one up & running & actually started upgrading many of my macros. Got a new question. <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAda" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAda</a>... Is there a code to compare a value & give a different result based on that value? Specifically what I'm looking to do is compare caster level. casterlevel&lt;9 display 10 casterlevel&gt;=9 & &lt;13 display 20 casterlevel&gt;=13 display 30
Though I suppose casterlevel&lt;9 display 10 casterlevel&gt;8 & &lt;13 display 20 casterlevel&gt;12 display 30 would do the same
Also, is there a way using.... ?{Question|Yes,1|No,2}&nbsp; To have a code read the result & display differently based on the number output? What I'm specifically working on is the same power above, but when it asks cast time I input a question ?{Augment|No,Standard|Yes,Immediate} but later on where I'm tracking the power points spent I'd like to link the first question to the result. Problem is the original output needs to be words & the PP output needs to be numbers. What I'm hoping for is a macro that will read a "7" & display "Standard" or "11" & display "Immediate". That way I can reference the original question where I track power points spent & still have it display either 7 or 11
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: Ok, that helped a lot, but there's still a kink. ?{Method?|Health, for [[?{PP |3, 2|4, 4|5, 6|6, 8}d10]]HP & takes half of that to herself.| This section the question fails & no dice are rolled. I have tried with the ]] & with with ]] Sorry didn't see this... I know you got it working but just for other interested parties reference, it was the ','s breaking it, you also didn't need to escape the ]] ;)

Edited 1505244654
Kevin Q. said: Ok, got the previous one up & running & actually started upgrading many of my macros. Got a new question. <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAda" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAda</a>... Is there a code to compare a value & give a different result based on that value? Specifically what I'm looking to do is compare caster level. casterlevel&lt;9 display 10 casterlevel&gt;=9 & &lt;13 display 20 casterlevel&gt;=13 display 30 Took a fair bit of tinkering as I'm just familiar enough with macros to confuse myself. But I believe the below should work; it's uses&nbsp; Conditional Statements (Math Only) : [[[[{{[[@{Character Name|casterlevel}]],0}&gt;13}*10 + 20]]-[[{{[[@{Character Name|casterlevel}]],0}&lt;8}*10-10]]]] Edit: Kevin Q. said: Also, is there a way using.... ?{Question|Yes,1|No,2} To have a code read the result & display differently based on the number output? What I'm specifically working on is the same power above, but when it asks cast time I input a question ?{Augment|No,Standard|Yes,Immediate} but later on where I'm tracking the power points spent I'd like to link the first question to the result. Problem is the original output needs to be words & the PP output needs to be numbers. What I'm hoping for is a macro that will read a "7" & display "Standard" or "11" & display "Immediate". That way I can reference the original question where I track power points spent & still have it display either 7 or 11 Don't believe so as macros are fire and forget. Depending on what you are wanting to do, you could C&P the whole macro and make two versions of it. One stating you spend 7 points, and it's standard; the other using 11 points and is Immediate. Then you create another macro that queries which you want to do: the options then calling the other macros.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: Though I suppose casterlevel&lt;9 display 10 casterlevel&gt;8 & &lt;13 display 20 casterlevel&gt;12 display 30 would do the same For this I would 'fake it till I make it' with: [[ 10 + ({floor(@{casterlevel}/9),1}kl1)*10 + ({floor(@{casterlevel}/13),1}kl1)*10 ]] To break that down you are basically starting with 10 as your basic and then adding either 0*10 (the floor of anything between 1 and 8 divided by 9) or 1*10 (as caster level divided by 9 at level 9+ is &gt;=1, beyond level 9 the kl1 function will keep the lower of the values ensuring you are left with 1) and then repeating for level &gt;=13 for the final +10... hope that makes some kind of sense!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: Also, is there a way using.... ?{Question|Yes,1|No,2}&nbsp; To have a code read the result & display differently based on the number output? What I'm specifically working on is the same power above, but when it asks cast time I input a question ?{Augment|No,Standard|Yes,Immediate} but later on where I'm tracking the power points spent I'd like to link the first question to the result. Problem is the original output needs to be words & the PP output needs to be numbers. What I'm hoping for is a macro that will read a "7" & display "Standard" or "11" & display "Immediate". That way I can reference the original question where I track power points spent & still have it display either 7 or 11 Not in such a basic interpretation no, a query can only have 1 result... you can then use that result for other math (if a numerical value) or as part of another string of text (when a text value). What you can &nbsp;do is again 'fake it till you make it'. Essentially you can nest the rest of the template from the diversion query onwards but this opens the whole html can of worms again. You'd essentially end up with something like: &lt;standard template information&gt; {{Casting Time=?{Augment|No,&lt;rest of the template nested as normal starting with the word Standard and followed by the html }} etc etc&gt;|Yes,&lt;as with No but starting with Immediate}}(html version) but when getting to the pp cost a simple hardcoded value change. Hope that makes some kind of sense... I do show a version that does something like that&nbsp; here where the diversion comes mid way through the subtag section of the template.

Edited 1505250105
Actually what I've been experimenting with is the concentration check macro. Where it measure success & failure then has a written script for the result. Since I can change the pass/fail to Immediate/Standard, in theory it should work. Only problem is that thus far attempting to change the compcheck is creating problems within the macro that either causes the macro to not show at all in chat or to show with issues scattered throughout that don't show any error codes. {{compcheck= Cast Time=[[ @{concentration} &gt;?{Concentration DC=15+Spell Level or 10+Damage Received|0} ]] }} {{succeedcheck=Immediate}} {{failcheck=Standard}} & I do completely understand what you're saying, I currently have 2 powers that have a massive divergent based on a single question. One was written by you (thanks again) and my 2nd I used yours as a base & made alterations where needed. Basically I turned Energy Ray into Energy Wall. My coding is improving & I've been able to test theories to make improvements. Since I ran into a snag here I was hoping someone knew of a code that'd do it. Something where a given number result would be read by another code & give a text result. Currently it seems the concentration macro is my best bet.&nbsp; Actually 3. I made a metamorphosis macro that gives a list of creatures, with their link & stat blocks, also includes the freedom to do custom creatures & even built in customizable appearances
Sweet, got the whole thing working. Adapted the concentration result to show casting time, and I took the line you wrote, Ziech, to adjust the resistance output. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} manifests [Energy Adaptation!](<a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAdaptation.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAdaptation.htm</a>)}} {{School= Psychometabolism}} {{Level= Psion/Wilder 4}} {{Display=?{Display?|None,None|Visual,Visual} }} {{compcheck=Cast Time: [[ {d1+[[7]] }&gt;?{Augmented?|No,7|Yes,11} ]] }} {{succeedcheck=Standard}} {{failcheck=Immediate}} {{Range= Personal}} {{Target= Betty }} {{Duration= [[@{casterlevel}*10]] mins.}} {{Effect= Betty creates a telepathic field gaining resistance [[ [[ {{ [[@{casterlevel}]],0}&gt;13}*10 + 20]]-[[ {{ [[@{casterlevel} ]],0}&lt;8}*10-10]] ]] to all elements}} {{PP=[[?{Augmented?}]] spent}} {{notes=[[d1 Your body assimilates some of the effect of an energy attack and converts it to harmless light. You gain resistance 10 against any attack that deals acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic damage.]][[d1+1 When you absorb damage, you can choose to radiate visible light that illuminates a 60-foot radius for a number of rounds equal to the points of damage you successfully resisted, or merely dissipate the energy without giving off a visual display.]][[d1+2 The energy resistance provided by this power increases to 20 points at 9th manifester level and to a maximum of 30 points at 13th level. The power protects your equipment as well.]][[d1+3 The resistance provided by this power does not stack with other forms of energy resistance.]][[d1+4 This power’s subtype is the same as the type of damage it protects against.]] Augment If you spend 4 additional power points, you can manifest this power as an immediate action.}}
Is there a way to do multiple {{compcheck=}} ?
Also wondering if anyone has figured out a way to have a ?{Attacks|1} question & use the result to determine how many attacks to make? Basically the number entered into the question being how many different attack & damage rolls to make.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Q. said: Is there a way to do multiple {{compcheck=}} ? Kevin Q. said: Also wondering if anyone has figured out a way to have a ?{Attacks|1} question & use the result to determine how many attacks to make? Basically the number entered into the question being how many different attack & damage rolls to make. I'm going to have to tap out on these ones as I don't really use templates myself, hopefully some other template savvy soul will pop by and give you the info you need, good luck!
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
As the 3.5 sheet currently stands, to use multiple compchecks, you would need to use multiple roll template calls; the roll template code only has one compcheck line in it. When using multiple templates in a single macro, if you don't put in the {{name= }} and {{ xxflag= }}&nbsp; sections, the second one will show up only additional borders and a small space between them.&nbsp; Basically the macro would look something like:&nbsp; &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name= some name }} {{other parts in here}}&nbsp; {{compcheck=something}} {{succeedcheck=stuff}} {{failcheck=stuff}} &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{other parts here}} {{compcheck=something2}} {{succeedcheck=stuff2}} {{failcheck=stuff2}} As far as multiple attacks, the only way I've seen without using some kind of API is to hard code everything ie: ?{Attacks|1,&{template:.......}|2,&{template....}|3,... etc}&nbsp; complete with html replacements and the whole 9 yards.&nbsp; Presumably, something could be hard-coded into a custom character sheet template similar to how the DnD35Attack template works (where the fullattackflag toggles between showing the values for 1 attack and all 10 attacks, but to use a custom character sheet template requires Pro just like the API does.&nbsp; I tend to just roll all the attacks and ignore the ones I don't need.&nbsp; Hope that helps.
Thanks Diana, I was hoping there was a way to not have to do extensive coding for the attack system, but I'll just deal with &nbsp;it as is
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Kevin, If you don't need the checks on the multiple attacks, or all the attacks do the same thing, then you can basically 'hard code' in all of the attacks and then ignore the irrelevant ones. The version I did for a Monk's Flurry of Blows went something roughly like this: &{tempalate:DnD35Attack}{{pcflag=true}}{{name= ((Who cares at the moment)) }} {{fullattackflag=[[?{Full Attack|No,0|Yes,1}d1]] }} {{attack1= [[ first flurry ]]/[[second flurry calc]]/[[{your level &gt; needed level, 0}kh1*(third flurry calc)]]/[[{your level &gt; needed level, 0}kh1*(fourth flurry calc)]]/[[{your level &gt; needed level, 0}kh1*(fifth flurry calc)]] }} {{critconfirm1 = ((repeat attack1)) }} {{damage1 = [[damage]]/[[damage]]/[[same check except swap fluffy calc with damage calc]]/[[again]]/[[again]] bludgeoning }} {{critdmg1 = plus ((repeat damage1)) critical damage }} {{attack2= ... etc, etc, etc
I do that for my hydra form, but my normal form is TWF so I was hoping to simplify lol
How do you cap a result? Say, (d20+casterlevel) but never show a result higher than 15?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use the&nbsp; keep/drop functionality: {1d20+@{casterlevel},15}kl1
TY
Following
Alrighty, anyone know how to get a 3rd tier question? I've got an extensive macro running to cover all options for creating an astral construct. First question is what ability set I'm going by, then from there it asks me which abilities. All that runs great. Now some of the abilities have an optional element that I choose upon activation, thus far I've been unable to include that. I've gone so far as to completely convert all 4 symbols to HTML code...?{|}...I tried originally just converting |}, then added on the ? & last go round before bringing here was converting to all 4. <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralCon" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralCon</a>... <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/astralC" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/astralC</a>...
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
You will probably have to 'double escape' stuff. So you need to keep REALLY good track of the levels and basically replace "&" with "&amp;amp;" all the way through the 'deepest level'.
This is the insanely simplified version of what I was going for. Bold & strike thru in the spots I used HTML. & it's only the energy one that's creating the issue. ?{Construct Abilities|CC, ?{C Trait1 | Energy Bolt,Construct gains an ?{Energy | Fire } -[Bolt](<a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyBolt.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyBolt.htm</a>)
I break it all down on a notepad & use line breaks to help organize things, then remove those breaks come time to test the code. Tracking it is really easy, I simply can't get the third level question to populate.&nbsp;