Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Tomb of Annihilation

If I were to purchase the Tomb of Annihiliation will I be able to read the contents of the book? The description makes it clear re all the Roll20 specific content I will receive but all of that is a bit pointless if I do not have the text to read from to know what to do with it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The entire contents have been placed in handout journals, map pages, and character sheets. IT is not downloadable. You will only be able to read it online inside your roll20 game. Tome of Annihilation page says :The Roll20 module contains the entire contents of the book version, fully integrated into the platform.
Pat S. said: The entire contents have been placed in handout journals, map pages, and character sheets. IT is not downloadable. You will only be able to read it online inside your roll20 game. Tome of Annihilation page says :The Roll20 module contains the entire contents of the book version, fully integrated into the platform. Reading the entire contents of the book from journal pages doesn't sound like fun but it is better than nothing.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The upside is the fact you really don't have to do much, if anything, other than create PC's or have your players do it. It is all setup for you to buy, get familiar with it, and run it. The get familiar part is optional also.
Scott
Marketplace Creator
This is helpful to know, as I have a group set up and waiting to play ToA. A few questions though: 1. My players are looking to create a blend of homebrew and supplement PCs, all level 1. From what you know, is this likely to work for this campaign? 2. How much scope will there be for random encounters? 3. How easy will it be for players to go off track? I'm wondering how easy it'll be to navigate around the various maps & journal pages if they're not following things in the suggested order and there isn't a PDF for me to run through. Many thanks.