Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Link and Ghost Girl [Background]

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've got solid foundation for Jason and Adam. I want to work on connections to Charlotte and Harry too. For Ghost Girl, Leo might be able to help build a communication system for her if need be. If she wants a solid body to blend in, and her powers make that difficult, he has plenty of stuff to help with that. More personally, if Charlotte is still concerned about her banshee wail, talk to Leo because he has a question about it. "If you can yell that loudly, can you sing too?" If a ghost isn't limited by mortal vocal cords, they could do amazing vocal performances. Real world context: I went to The Ring years ago, and those folks had to project to the back of McCaw Hall and be heard clearly. To be that loud and still do such emotional singing is tough, bit it galvanized the audience. If none of this sounds interesting, but Margie has another angle to pitch, I'm all ears for that. :)
I've been thinking about the Leo angle too. Since he is so tech-based, it is sometime hard for GG to get her anachronistic head around him. Right now, Charlotte sees being insubstantial as a form of protection. And she has enough on her plate with the people who can see her. Crowds and city life, while exciting, takes some getting use to. AS for communication, if anyone bothered to ask her, she has that covered. I think an interesting overlap would be in controlling the banshee scream. I can see Leo taking it on as an interesting science experiment, excited to see what she can do. That would help her feel less like a monster and might change how she operates with the team in combat.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Margie K. said: AS for communication, if anyone bothered to ask her, she has that covered. I think an interesting overlap would be in controlling the banshee scream. I can see Leo taking it on as an interesting science experiment, excited to see what she can do. That would help her feel less like a monster and might change how she operates with the team in combat. In-character, Leo's the type who will ask - we've just been busy during normal sessions. These posts I've been doing with people are meant to be the start of that off-camera casual conversation that the team would do. So that'd include asking how she wants to/can reach the team, and vice versa. :) We can definitely work on control. Sound is basically kinetic energy, and the STF and dilatant materials Link builds his suit out of absorb that wonderfully. And he's got two friends who are literally made of the stuff, who can hang out nearby without being at risk of serious or permanent damage if things get out of control. That gives GG a space to practice control, and also let Leo study how the effect works (and then convey that to Charlotte in a way she can use). Building an isolation chamber for practice should be doable. Leo will have to see if Jason can loan him some money for materials though....

Edited 1505193614
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
"What does all that mean? Suppose you have a lake, and a dam keeping that lake secure. You want to use the water from the lake to irrigate your crops, but if the dam bursts, your farm is flooded." "The water is kinetic energy, like sound, or the force of a punch. But instead of a solid, stalwart, breakable dam, my suit is made as though it were a very long, winding channel - a looping, roundabout river from the lake to the property. The water has to travel much, much further to reach me. As it does, it loses something of its force, so that even in a sudden flood, the water has all that space in which to expend its ferocity. That is what a dilatant is. Turning a short path for force to travel, into a very long path."

Edited 1505232081
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
"... she knows what armor does, Leo."

Edited 1505232630
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
[GM ponders coffeeshop eurominutes fanfic with Charlotte and Pneuma.]
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
You've also posted about Charlotte's friends, living or dead. If any of them need something that Leo can help with, he would do it. That doesn't just include tech, but also footwork, Internet searches, and so on. Does someone need to find heirs? Is someone being hassled in their neighborhood? I don't know how written their stories are, though.