Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Auto Uploading Scripts?

It would be great to be able to push any script changes I make in development to my Roll20 campaign with a simple console command. However, I don't believe there is any API for auto uploading scripts and it might violate the terms of service to make a webcrawler update the scripts. Has anyone else thought about or tried making something like this?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It would not violate any terms of service to automate the process of setting the scripts on one of your games.  I've often considered doing just this, but I tend to do a bunch of testing of scripts locally (there are some npm packages to help with that) before getting to the live testing, so it's not often such a big deal for me.  When I am rapidly iterating, I generally have the game and the API open in side by side windows and the script on another monitor.  I have a command in my editor that copies the whole script so for me, it's pretty fast to: \y click api cmd-a cmd-v click save which means it hasn't risen to a high enough level to annoy me into automating. I'm pretty sure Lucian automated this as part of his development process on the Shaped Sheet Companion script, and I think I've heard of others doing similar for Character Sheet Development.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
And now I see that you made the node module I was thinking about. =D
Looks impressive. Thanks for pointing that out!
I am very interested in npm modules for upload automation of character sheets and API scripts as it would enhance quality of coding/testing quite a bit for me ;) A quick search revealed nothing, maybe you could throw me a link-bone or two?