Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to open a custom form with the API for rolling dices?

I am working on a custom ruleset that utilises variable dices & dice pools. Basically, the way the system works is that when you roll for a skill, the player starts by selecting a dice between a 1D6 / 1D8 / 1D10 depending on the risks he is willing to take. He then adds a number of bonus dices depending on the naration. I would therefore like to know the following things: 1. Is it possible for the API to open a custom form where the player would select the dice he is rolling and possibly the additional dices he can roll. I would also need to provide to this form some data as the number of Bonus dices is based on the character's attributes. It would be nice if you could click on the attibute in qquestion in the character sheet and open a pre-filed form. 2. Can roll20 handle custom dices. I can live without the 3d models. All I need is to have the output in the chat.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sounds similar to the Star Wars Edge of the Empire way of doing things which the API handles nicely along with some sheet entry support. Check out  this script for ideas on how your system could be implemented.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Just to build on what Ziechael said, the API doesn't have access to the GUI. You can use Roll Queries to provide a prompt for information which is then passed on to the API via a chat command. For example: !some-cmd @{selected|skill} ?{die size|d6|d7|d8|d9|d10} ?{bonus dice|0}