Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

difference between monster book DD5 and monster in compendium

Hello I would like to know the difference between the monster book (dd5) available on the site (with the purchase) and the monster already present in the free compendium in game. Just the token? a French version? thanks
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The compendium at its most basic only contains those monsters available in the 5e SRD which does not contain all of the information that the Monster Manual does. Buying the MM unlocks the full set of stat blocks as per EVERY monster in the book. This allows for quick access to the monsters by dragging and dropping them from the compendium to the VTT to get a token and a fully set up journal entry :)
so there will be additional monsters? because it has token and portrait to add, with the compendium we can already drag and drop on the map.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Correct, there are ~428 monsters available via the monster manual (including variations of the same monster) but only ~132 in the SRD... thats nearly 300 more ready to use monsters to torment players with :)
yeah, I think I'll buy it then!
A.J. Falcon
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Came here wondering the same thing, I think I shall buy it as well.