Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two Roll20 accounts on two web browser

Hello! I'm in the process of building a gametable. An epic gametable. The table will have three computer screens for the GM, one screen to show pics to the PC and one big screen TV, flat on it's back in the middle of the table, to project the maps, with a plexyglas on top of it, to play with miniatures. I would like to be able to run two separate Roll20 account on the same computer. One account in GM mode, to edit the maps, on one of the GM computer screen. The other account in Player mode, showing on the tv screen, to project the maps, use the dynamic lighting and for the players to see the map as it is revealed. Is there anyone who ever tried to run two seperate account of Roll20 on the same computer? Would opening each account in separate web browser (one in Chrome and one in Edge) will work? Do you have any recommendations on how I can manage to get this done? Thank you!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Some people that do streaming use two browsers and two different accounts. The Edge browser is not an officially supported browser (only Firefox and Chrome for Windows computers are supported) so you might have problems. It doesn't hurt to test it out.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can certainly do this using different profiles in chrome (signed into different roll20 accounts) or can use chrome for one, incognito mode for another and firefox for a third even! As Pat says Edge isn't supported so any issues you encounter may not be able to be overcome but if it works don't try to fix it ;) This  wiki page may well provide some really useful hints and tips for you too.
For the record, you can log in twice using the same account.  One window as GM, one as Player.  That way you don't have an 'extra player' taking up space on the map window.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Three of Swords said: For the record, you can log in twice using the same account.  One window as GM, one as Player.  That way you don't have an 'extra player' taking up space on the map window. Do your run into refresh problems changing the player/gm status in a given window?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just tested it. Yes, if you have to refresh, you come back in as the status of your last log in. Not a big problem, but something to be aware of. If you have to refresh to clear an error, you might wind up displaying the GM view to the players.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: Just tested it. Yes, if you have to refresh, you come back in as the status of your last log in. Not a big problem, but something to be aware of. If you have to refresh to clear an error, you might wind up displaying the GM view to the players. If you log into your account under incognito mode (chrome) and/or firefox for the second and third attempts, the refresh issue is fixed (note that this refresh issue also occurs if you log into two different games at the same time, and has the same fix)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I've been using a dummy "Camera" account logged in under incognito. I'll have to give that a try next time I'm DM. Thanks.