Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

tokens

in roll20 how do you edit the bars on your token to reflect hp and ac, i know you can just input the #'s, but on certain tokens you can edit, there is a drop down window where you can just add hp ac etc, how do i do that for existing tokens thanks
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you are the GM, you can just double click the token, set it to represent a character, and then link the bars to an attribute on that character. See the  wiki for the full details
i know how to edit a token but one of my players imported his own token and you can do it with modules u buy's tokens but in my game the regular tokens don't have the drop down option to specify the stat with the bar 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Make sure you are setting them to represent a character, there won't be a drop-down select if they don't represent a character.
all my characters are linked to tokens
and created monsters too 
thanks i just figured it out
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad you got it figured out. Happy rolling
If they are linked to a token how do you keep the tokens separate meaning when I make multiple copies of token they all seem to revert to same HP or Temp_HP when I change one token.  Is there a way so that it randoms the HP from NPC and keeps them separate ?  I have dragged from handouts and made a copy of token neither seems to work correctly.

Edited 1506003597
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
See the Mook section of that wiki article linked above for preventing the propagation of changes. As for randomizing health, that requires a script and depends on your sheet system.
It is the standard 5e sheet and seems to randomize the health when I pull it from the side but it does change all the tokens when I do to the new value will look at the mook section.
IF YOU PUT THE TOKEN AS A NONE/GENERIC TOKEN THEN YOU CAN KEEP TRACK OF THAT SPECIFIC HP IF U HAVE 10 GOBLINS  
UNDER REPRESENTS CHARACTER 
Elbuort said: It is the standard 5e sheet and seems to randomize the health when I pull it from the side but it does change all the tokens when I do to the new value will look at the mook section. It seems like you have each bar linked to the hp of the npc instead of just the value. Make sure that you followed step 5 in the link above Scott C. said: See the  wiki for the full details
I think I got it figured out.  Seems a bit of a pain for on the fly gaming but works well if you plan ahead.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Elbuort said: I think I got it figured out.  Seems a bit of a pain for on the fly gaming but works well if you plan ahead. Pretty much describes Roll20 :).