Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Easy ways to change images used for tokens

One thing I've find myself aching to be able to do for a while now is to easily change the image used for a pre-existing token (ie. one already on the battlemap, with the bubbles filled in and/or linked to a player character/compendium entry). At the moment, if you want to change the token you're using for a monster or NPC or whatever, you have to drag the new token and re-link it to the relevant character/compendium entry and fill in the bubbles from scratch. While it isn't that much of an inconvenience when you're only doing it with the occasional token, it becomes particularly cumbersome with purchased modules. I like to use top-down tokens in my games, and published adventures tend to almost exclusively use portrait tokens. Changing all those tokens from portraits to top-down tokens can take a very long time. What would be great is if there was an option in the token's setting (where the name, bars, auras, permissions, etc can be altered) that allowed you to outright change the image used for that token.

Edited 1505739023
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is by no means a solution for all, but as a pro user, you could use Aaron's tokenmod script to do this. Also, if I had any free votes, I'd use one here
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, if you use the Shaped sheet/script, there is a one line command to set up a token to defaults. Token Mod can make it the default token for that character.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .