Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default Template Dropdown Macro Help

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Roll20 and am trying to setup macros for my first campaign.  I created a dropdown list that works well with the following code: /me Empowered Weapon ?{Weapon| 1 - Azimuth Laser Rifle, **Azimuth Laser Rifle - Empower Weapon 1** [[1d20+6+1]] vs EAC.  [[1d8+3+1d6]] fire damage.| 2 - Azimuth Laser Rifle, **Azimuth Laser Rifle - Empower Weapon 2** [[1d20+6+2]] vs EAC.  [[1d8+3+2d6]] fire damage.| } Then I saw some other players using macros with the &{template:default} language.  I have tried many ways to work that template into my macro but it doesn't display properly.  Is there a way to do a dropdown query using the &{template:default}?  Thanks for any help you can provide! Here is one of the ways I tried that didn't work: ?{Weapon| 1 - Azimuth Laser Rifle, &{template:default} {{name=Empower Weapon 1}} {{[[1d20+6+1]] vs EAC.  [[1d8+3+1d6]] fire damage.}}| 2 - Azimuth Laser Rifle, &{template:default} {{name=Empower Weapon 2}} {{[[1d20+6+2]] vs EAC.  [[1d8+3+2d6]] fire damage.}}| }

Edited 1505664671
I recommend reading  Advanced Usage For Roll Queries . I would also recommend that you put only the parts that change inside the macro and leave the common code outside of the query. It makes it easier to change in the long run, in my opinion. This will work for you. &{template:default} {{name=?{Weapon |1 - Azimuth Laser Rifle,Empower Weapon 1}} {{[[1d20+6+1]] vs EAC.   [[1d8+3+1d6]] fire damage. |2 - Azimuth Laser Rifle,Empower Weapon 2}} {{[[1d20+6+2]] vs EAC. [[1d8+3+2d6]] fire damage. } }}
Awesome, thank you.