Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Need some flesh on these bones

I'm looking to pick some brains to improve this first dungeon I plan running with a new group. The idea is that lvl 4 PCs have been invited by a royal family to attend a birthday celebration. However, the pcs have forgotten gifts. But an npc at a brunch they attend earlier in the day, mentions that the land is rich in history and treasure. Pointing them to a destination they can acquire a gift and other loot. The plan is too have them reach the end of the dungeon, and have players "accidently" remove a magic sword. Freeing a sealed evil.  My first idea was too have kobolds who have worshipped the sword and location as a holy ground, but that made me think why would the local forces not take them out if they were basically occupying an important historical relic and location. Also, I felt kobolds might be too weak for them but idk. I'm looking for something that could make this first dungeon alittle more mysterious and challenging for the party.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/gamemasters