Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token highlight for turn and end of turn.

I had a GM a while ago that had this turn order API, that allowed them to highlight the token that is currently on turn with an aura of sort and for the player to end their turn and pass it over with a button in the chat. Does anyone know how to do that?
Well it most likely would have been an API script as you pointed out, which means that it will require the game's creator to have an active PRO subscription. As to what the script what, I'm not sure but I wanted to let you know that it will require the higher subscription if you are the creator/GM
The script was probably The Aaron's TurnMarker script.

Edited 1505757727
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Probably either  TurnMarker1 or  TrackerJacker (unsupported). If it had an orange highlight, kind of a mystic circle thing, it was TurnMarker1.  If it has a green pointy marker, it was TrackerJacker.
The Aaron said: Probably either  TurnMarker1 or  TrackerJacker (unsupported). If it had an orange highlight, kind of a mystic circle thing, it was TurnMarker1.  If it has a green pointy marker, it was TrackerJacker. Looks like what you mentioned, how would one go about setting this up. I am okay with doing the higher subscription. What are the next steps?

Edited 1505758120
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
1. upgrade to Pro 2. Install the script in your API Settings panel on your Game 3. Profit. =D Use !tm --help to access the config.  It's an older script, so the commands are not super friendly. !eot to go to the next turn.
Is there something better or more compatible with the current rol20 but it does the same functions?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh, it's definitely still compatible, I just mean that the configuration command syntax is a bit arcane.  However, you only have to mess with that once, or possibly not at all. It's otherwise completely automatic based on the events that are happening and executing !eot
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you run into any issues, just let me know.
Just enabled it and everything seems to be working but It was not showing a highlight to the current token. I suppose that is animation, edited that in the script to true but it does not reflect in the !tm , since it seems that the highlight is disabled by default what are the proper steps to enable it ? I don't wanna mess things up
One of the things that got me when I started playing with this was that you need to have the "player bookmark" on the page that you are testing, if it isn't the graphic highlighting the player will not appear.
Yup just tested it, seems to be working alright! Thank you Aaron and Kevin, will definitely visit the support page if everything works alright!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool.  I should fix that about the bookmark.  When I wrote this, we didn't have a way to tell that the GM was on a particular page. =D
The Aaron said: Cool.  I should fix that about the bookmark.  When I wrote this, we didn't have a way to tell that the GM was on a particular page. =D You could just mention in it in the page for the API.  If its too much work in my opinion its perfectly fine to have a note about it, it was simply confusing if I was misunderstanding it. All well in good, so far it loos great Aaron, great work!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool. =D