Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E Potion of Healing

All Has someone developed a GM macro to, for a selected token, apply a potion of healing to that token's HP (to the max HP level)? Ideally also to ask what level of healing the potion is too... I can get to selecting the potion and rolling the amount of healing, but I've not figured out how to apply it to a specific token's HP total... Thanks
You can use Jakob's ChatSetAttr script to set the 'hp' attribute of the character. Make sure that you account for the maximum value (you can find how to do this in the script).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can also do this with TokenMod if your token has the HP in one of it's bars.  Here's a macro I use for it: /em applies a Potion of healing to @{target|Target|token_name} !token-mod {{ --set bar3_value|[[{@{target|Target|bar3}+2d4+2, @{target|Target|bar3|Max}d1}kl1]] --ids @{target|Target|token_id} }}
Aaron, is this a GM Macro or a Player Attribute one? I've dropped it into a GM macro exactly as per your post. It asks for a Target and then pops the Text up okay but does not seem to roll the dice or apply it. I double checked and the HP are on Bar 1 (I changed Bar 3 to Bar 1 in the macro text), but it still does not update anything.
Steven C. said: Aaron, is this a GM Macro or a Player Attribute one? I've dropped it into a GM macro exactly as per your post. It asks for a Target and then pops the Text up okay but does not seem to roll the dice or apply it. I double checked and the HP are on Bar 1 (I changed Bar 3 to Bar 1 in the macro text), but it still does not update anything. Did you install the Token Mod API script?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You'll need TokenMod installed, and if you aren't a GM, you'll need the GM to turn on the "Players can IDS" setting so you can use the --ids. Otherwise, you can only use it on token you select (by removing the --ids @{target|Target|token_id} and just selecting the token to apply it to).
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron, is there any way to show the dice roll so the players can see exactly how many HP were gained? Additionally, I use the Bloodied Dead script which sets a red dot on the token when it drops below 50% bar 3, and puts an X over the token when it drops below 0% bar 3. When using your macro, it isn't resetting the markings on the token if the go above 0% or 50%. Any thoughts on how to force it to update correctly? on("change:graphic", function(obj) {     if(obj.get("bar3_max") === "") return;         if(obj.get("bar3_value") <= obj.get("bar3_max") / 2) {         obj.set({               status_redmarker: true         });     }     else{         obj.set({             status_redmarker: false         })     }     if(obj.get("bar3_value") <= 0) {       obj.set({          status_dead: true       });     }     else {       obj.set({         status_dead: false       });     } });
That would require a specific api integration. The API could listen for a roll template for the health, then update the health, and would then have to manually call the bloodied script to update statuses
If you want to see hp gained, you could use my AlterBars script instead: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4741812/alterbar" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4741812/alterbar</a>...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What they said. =D
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the info! Super helpful as always!
Not sure what is wrong here please help if you can. !alter --target|@{target|token_id} --bar|1 --amount|+?{What type of potion|Healing, 2d4+2|Greater, 4d4+4 |Superior, 8d4+4 |Supreme, 10d4+20 |Full, +100} If I have the macro window open and test I get but if i click the macro from the tokens bar I get
Is it something as simple as the space in front of !alter?
Steven C. said: Is it something as simple as the space in front of !alter? Just tested it, removing the leading space fixes it.
Steven C. said: Steven C. said: Is it something as simple as the space in front of !alter? Just tested it, removing the leading space fixes it. Plus users can use this?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It requires the API, a Pro Subscriber Perk. &nbsp;You'd need to be in a game created by an active Pro Subscriber to make use of it.