Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

1 Macro & 1 API Script enquiry

Hey guys! I've been digging through macros and API scripts trying my best to tailor the games to the preferences of my players. So here is my first question; Regarding OGL 5E Companion API script , it tracks ammo, it tracks spells, it's fantastic really - is there anything that will help attach token health values to character sheets? This is a question passed on from one of my players, so if I can do this for them I'd love to. Regarding macros , at present I'm rolling with the basic template core stat rolls. I've been trying to simplify the process as much as possible for my players (especially newer ones) and I was hoping to compose a macro reminiscent of core stat roll totals. Is there any sort of command I can include in the macro to display the total of the die rolls collectively at the bottom of the core stat template?  If not, no worries. Any and all suggestions are appreciated! <3 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For your health question, take a look at the linking tokens to journal entries wiki article. There is not a way short of a custom script to do your second question as rolls can't be reused in the base dice engine. linking tokens wiki:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
Hey Scott!&nbsp; Thanks so much for your reply and link! This is exactly what I was hunting around for, I feel a little sheepish I didn't find it sooner. Eek! As for the macro, I was afraid this might be the case. If so, no worries. I thought I would simply check and see what I could find. Many thanks to the community! You folks never cease to be a fantastic help! &lt;3 :)&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
How about this for summing stat rolls: /r [[4d6k3]] + [[4d6k3]] + [[4d6k3]] + [[4d6k3]] + [[4d6k3]] + [[4d6k3]]
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gah, totally forgot about that. Thanks Silvyre.
Thanks so much Silvyre! Amazing help as always! :)&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Cheers!