Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

spiritual weapon

hey when i drag spiritual weapon from the compendium the damage for higher levels is 0.49 so when i cast at higher levels it doesn't work. Using  5th Edition ( OGL by Roll20 )

Edited 1505857389
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi Thom , could you please explain in what ways Spiritual Weapon is malfunctioning for you?
i drag it to my character then when i cast it at higher level it does lower level damage but it said for higher level damage is 0.49 d8

Edited 1505857793
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From the Compendium : When you cast this spell using a spell slot 3rd level of or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for every two slot levels above the 2nd . This means that Spiritual Weapon does an additional 1d8 damage when cast using a 4th-level spell slot, an extra 2d8 when cast using a 6th-level spell slot, or an additional 3d8 damage when cast using an 8th-level spell slot. The (0.49 * Spell Level)d8 compensates for this mechanic. I tested the spell just now, and it functions accordingly.
oh sorry i feel dumb :(
Silvyre
Forum Champion
That's alright, it's definitely not an intuitive mechanic, and I wanted to make sure everything functions properly with the updated sheet. Happy rolling!