Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Compendium Woes

I'm curious as to what's actually needed in order to improve the Pathfinder Compendium to approach the level of usability that 5e has.  The 5e compendium is pretty great and I understand that the collaboration with WoTC products makes it a business priority... but what can we do to show Pathfinder some love? If it's data-entry volunteers I would very happily crunch away at it each week, and I'm certain many others would, as well.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Still following this...
I too will gladly offer some time as well. There is TONS of OGL totally legal info that can and SHOULD be entered in the compendium. This question has been posed to the devs several times over more than a year now, and I have not seen it addressed "Well we are worried about piracy..." which I understand, sure, but the majority of pathfinder stuff is OGL!
I mean, that's what the Reference Document is for :)  I'm not even thinking of the extended release materials, just the PRD for some super-basic baseline info.
We intend to swing back through the Pathfinder compendium to add more OGL information down the road. Us adding the Dungeon World Compendium today is us stretching our wings a bit on advancing non-D&D work overall, so look forward to more updates in these areas.

Edited 1506471294
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
While "Down the road." sounds a little open-ended, I would say this is a step in the right direction for the Pathfinder community.  Only a matter of time for 5e's luster to wear a little and then you'll see Pathfinder(or maybe even Pathfinder 2e) make up some ground..  Thanks for the update Nolan.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: While "Down the road." sounds a little open-ended, I would say this is a step in the right direction for the Pathfinder community.  Only a matter of time for 5e's luster to wear a little and then you'll see Pathfinder(or maybe even Starfinder ) make up some ground..  Thanks for the update Nolan. Fixed that for you Vince ;)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Vince said: While "Down the road." sounds a little open-ended, I would say this is a step in the right direction for the Pathfinder community.  Only a matter of time for 5e's luster to wear a little and then you'll see Pathfinder(or maybe even Starfinder ) make up some ground..  Thanks for the update Nolan. Fixed that for you Vince ;) LOL.  OK I'll second that Starfinder push as well. Maybe a Starfinder Compendium is also in our future?  Anyone?
Glad to see the response Nolan, even if it is a little indeffinate.  Please keep us updated on any advancement on this topic.  It truly is my only major frustration with Roll20 at the moment.