Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to use Torch api script

I've no idea what I'm doing, brand new to API. I'm relatively proficient with macros and calling them, but I'm not sure exactly how to call any of the commands on Torch !torch [<Radius> [<Dim Start> [<All Players> [<Token ID>|<--Angle> ... ]]]] However I've no idea how to actually use that , do I replace what's in the tag? that didn't seem to work. I also tried it like this, deleting the tag and placing the info where the arguments are !torch [40 [20 [yes[KuGvRRR8tOG1EDIOaKU|360]]]] Hopefully this is amusing to people who know what they're doing, thanks.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I really should change that help... It uses a common syntax in command line programs, where anything in [ ] is an optional argument.  So you'd do: !torch 40 20 yes -KuGvRRR8tOG1EDIOaKU or !torch 40 - - -KuGvXXXXXX or !torch 40 20 yes --180 -KuGvXXXX etc.
The [] just show that the settings are optional, however to set a value for one of the options all of the PRECEDING options are required. For example, !torch is just fine to use and will use all of the default values (40 feet of light, 20 feet in the light becomes dim, everyone sees the light, the selected token gets the light set on it, and the radius is 360 degrees. If you want to specify that the light is just sight (AKA only the token can see), you will need to also specify the total light radius and dim light radius, So an example command would be !torch 40 20 no   Hope that helped.
Thank you both so much! That's a great help
Be sure to try it out with the !flicker-on affect, which makes the light cooler. This is one of the coolest scripts out there.
I LOVE the flicker effect, it's awesome. Some of our group already have performance issues with roll20 though, do you think multiple flickering lights will make it worse? I don't know how resource intensive Dynamic Lighting is compared to anything else.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sadly, it will make it worse.  It looks neat, but it will really tax a low end computer.
Alright, thanks for the heads up. (Also this forum is so helpful and active, I'm not used to this at all)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D  Well, we try!  Happy Rolling!