Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Something block API usage?

John D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So on my laptop I use Window 7 64 bit operating system. When ever I try to use an API "!command" of any API it just doesn't work. Nothing response whatsoever. API Output Console just say: API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity. When I try to restart it, it just stuck in Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Without any API script actually loading. I tried to switch browser between Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, it's the same on both of them. I tried to test to run API and my also Window 7 64 bit desktop, and everything worked fine. I think there's "something" on my laptop that just block API function, but I can't find out what. Anyone have any idea or experience with such a thing? Please help, it's driving me crazy!

Edited 1505933764
I have this happen sometimes. I am able to resolve the issue by refreshing the API scripts page. However, this advice migh not be helpful since you have tried similar things.
PaprikaCC
Pro
API Scripter
Can you give us a list of the scripts you are running and the chat commands you are entering? At first glance, this looks like you forgot to open up a tab to load your campaign (so the sandbox has a reason to run), but I'm not quite sure what's going on.
You can have a game open in one tab and go to the API screen in another tab, and then try to refresh it and see if that helps. Run API commands and watch the API screen to see if it does anything?  Remove a script, one at a time and see results?
John D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tried remove the scripts one by one, to no avail. Those are my API script, when I type in any command on the chat, the API Output Console is totally unresponsive, showing only that line. When I try to restart it I can see the command had been input in roll20, the API just not respond to it. I think this is more of some kind of setting or program on my laptop that block API (Javascript), but I can't find anything. Is anyone got any idea what may caused this