Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Character Sheet question

I'm looking through existing API scripts and I see that most use the OGL or shaped 5e sheets, and there seems to be no support for the "Community Contributed" sheet? Myself and my players have really gotten used to the community contributed sheet, and moving over an established campaign (60+ sessions, lots of npcs, spare characters etc) to another sheet style seems like it might be a huge issue too, is there a way to convert it all without losing info? It also seemed like the Community Contributed sheet was the most feature rich, was I mistaken or does OGL just really shine with API access?
I've completed two LMoP campaigns, numerous one shots, and have an ongoing PotA campaign that all use the D&D 5e OGL sheet without any API support and we all get along just fine without the automation. I do have some API scripts I use purely for managing tokens and initiative, but those are independent of the character sheet.
There aren't many API scripts for the Community Contributed sheet as that sheet is no longer in development. Personally I find Shaped to be much more feature rich than OGL or CC, even without API scripts. However, I wouldn't suggest making any moves to another sheet for a few weeks. OGL is about to come out with a new version which will likely have bugs, and Shaped has some issues atm due to undocumented changes roll20 made to the way their backend interacts with character sheets which the guy developing it is currently working on.

Edited 1506022738
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Community is no longer developed and offers very little in the way of important features like dragging from the compendium. Once things are settled I'd suggest swapping to either Shaped or OGL. techiecarer said: Shaped has some issues atm due to undocumented changes roll20 made to the way their backend interacts with character sheets which the guy developing it is currently working on. Shaped the sheet has no major bugs as far as has been reported to me. There are still script issues, but those will not inhibit new users.

Edited 1506023155
Kryx said: Shaped the sheet has no major bugs as far as has been reported to me. There are still script issues, but those will not inhibit new users. Ah sorry Kryx, haven't looked in on Shaped in a week as been running a Star Trek Adventures oneshot. Glad to hear the issues have been fixed (just wish roll20 hadn't caused the problem in the first place)