Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Templates

HI! I have an issue with roll templates, I was trying to use one from wiki: sheet-rolltemplate-test ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates</a>) I have opened HTML for my cusotm character sheet and Copy-paste what is in template. Clicked "Save Changes" and then&nbsp;I was trying to use this new template from my roll script which works fine when I use "default" template, but does not with "test" Can anyone tell me what step I'm missing? Thank you alot
Edit: Reloading of the roll20 did the job, it seems Save Changes is not enough
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, the sheets are only loaded when you load up a game, not constantly, so changes do not take effect till a refresh.
Cool, I'm trying to make roll results which contains tabs where one can see just results or extend it to have detailed info about rolls and modifiers involved ;D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, I'm not sure that's possible. I don't know if the chat window accepts reactive elements like that.
I think I'm just hitting the wall because of that ;/ shame, I dont see why they would limit that ;/
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Ah, I'm not sure that's possible. I don't know if the chat window accepts reactive elements like that. You may not be able to include form elements, but you could do on-hover instead of checked/unchecked on a radio/checkbox.

Edited 1506442672
hmm, on hover could work for me, but I think I'm unable to implement one ;/ Can you provide me with an example how you introduce on hover block to be displayed? Thanks!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a fiddle . Note that the second tab is first in the HTML (and the first tab is floating to the left), so that I'm able to change the color of the first tab when hovering over the second tab. If you don't want to do that, you can put the tabs in their normal order and not float them. (This color-changing setup also gets tricky if you want to do more than two tabs.) The important bit is that div #2 has display:none, and I flip the display values of the two divs when hovering over span #2. This is basically the same technique as tabs on the sheet, just using :hover instead of :checked.
thanks. I'm poor in web coding so thats a bit tricky regardless :D but I should survive . Thank you!
hmm, it seems it does not work in roll templates or I have done something wrong ;/