Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop Down menu for skills (GURPS)

I would like to create a drop down menu for my skills so that I can just select them from the list.  This is what I have and it's not working for me.  Any ideas? ?{Skill?|First Aid,@{Selected|roll} [[3d6]] @{Selected|VS} First-Aid/TL6 (Human) [[12 +@{Selected|modifier}]] |Writing,@{Selected|roll} [[3d6]] @{Selected|VS} Writing [[12 + @{Selected|modifier}]] The First Aid part will work fine, but when I go to add the Writing skill, my syntax is not working right.  Any help would be awesome.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Looks like you're missing a } at the end of the Roll Query

Edited 1506134493
Yeah, I got rid of it because the last part showed "[[12+2" so I removed the bracket.  I will try putting it back and see how that goes. ?{Skill?|First Aid,@{Selected|roll} [[3d6]] @{Selected|VS} First-Aid/TL6 (Human) [[12 +@{Selected|modifier}]] |Writing,@{Selected|roll} [[3d6]] @{Selected|VS} Writing [[12 + @{Selected|modifier}]]|@{Pablo|roll} [[3d6]] @{Pablo|VS} Teaching [[11 + @{Pablo|modifier}]]} This creates a drop down that shows  "First Aid" and "0" as the possible list.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If replacing the brace doesn't help, try replacing @{Selected| modifier } with ?{Modifier|0}
That worked PERFECT Silvyre.  I still don't understand WHY we have to substitute, but I love that you know how to do it.

Edited 1506143993
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Cheers! We mostly make those character replacements (as outlined in Advanced Usage for Roll Queries ) because Roll Queries don't play well with extra instances of the characters that are used to contruct Roll Queries. For example, in your case, @{Selected| modifier } resolved to ?{Modifier|0}. The | and } characters within ?{Modifier|0} caused issues for the ?{Skill?} Roll Query, meriting the replacement of those "problematic" characters with their HTML entities.