Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF Simple] How to hide character name when rolling from character sheet

Edited 1506183254
My players like to metagame a little bit. I would like to be able to make a mook, having the name of the character on the sheet so I can grab it quickly, and also make my rolls from the character sheet. However the name of the baddie then pops up with the roll, which my players check the beastary on and then know there exact AC/Defensive abilities etc. Is there a way to simply hide the name on the character sheet from the players without removing the name (because I do need to find it in the journal).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What sheet are you using? Some of them do have this ability baked in.
keithcurtis said: What sheet are you using? Some of them do have this ability baked in. Simple Pathfinder
bump if anybody has an answer, for now all my baddies are just named Mook, and I have to use the tags to tell them apart
Zargon
Sheet Author
Looking at it, the Pathfinder(Simple) sheet has the roll buttons hardcoded to read the Journal name without any ability to override it.  If switching over to the primary Pathfinder sheet (Neceros) is acceptable It does have somewhat spotty support for what you want to do though it would take quite a bit of effort on your part.  Your only other option would be to convince the rest of the sheet authors to switch the approach they use to handle character names, except given the fact that both sides have benefits I suspect that would be difficult.