Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A Clanging Merchant Approaches!

Edited 1506208072
Matt
Plus
It's a dark and stormy night at the Guild Hall. Lightning streaks through the skies overhead as torrents of rain beat against the magically reinforced shingles. Guild members sit around the hall, sipping warm beverages in relative silence compared to the cacophony of thunder surrounding the building. It's quiet... exactly the right amount of quiet. Gradually, Guild members' ears (and other diverse listening organs) perk up as a rhythmic sound begins to separate itself from the irregular claps of thunder: the sound of huge chunks of metal clanging against each other as their carrier walks through the rain. As usual, hands move to swords, shovels, rakes, and other implements of destruction in preparation for yet another assault on the Hall. Minds begin to wonder if magically reinforcing the windows, shingles, and kitchen sinks wasn't actually such a bad idea... A huge ball of metal bursts through the Hall's double doors, narrowly missing dislodging the obscured " READING OP " sign above it. A surprisingly thin human-looking figure leaps with astonishing agility onto the top of the mass of twisted metallic plates and scales, and declares with a commanding voice, emphasizing each word in turn, "I. Am. A. Smith." In a near-emotionless but sonorous voice, he states, "My previous employer was an inefficient fool who dwelt in the past. I have decided to take my hard wares and regain my own agency, autonomous and separate from their over-complicated webs. If you do not displease me, I will allow you to purchase them as part of this new program of mine. With my skill and intelligence, artificially inflated prices are not necessary." This merchant will sell you any magical heavy armor of up to +4 enhancement at 60% of the list price (so 40% discount). Please post/RP your purchases below! (The merchant will leave Saturday, September 30 at 23:59 Pacific time .)
Regdar siddles up to the new arrival, having freshly polished his shield, emblazoned with the holy symbol to Asmodeus.  He eyes the merchants wares, and gestures for some of the lower level guildies to start bringing in his bags of gold.  From within the depths of his heavy plate armor his voice rumbles out filtered and tinny due to the amount of metal bewteen him and the smith.  "It is imperative that you craft for me a set of your finest plate armor in the tradition of all great Defenders.  A set of Defender's Warplate Armor +4 for the righteous who bring civilization everywhere they go and keep the Chaos at bay." 125,000 x 0.6 = 75,000 Wil drags himself in, somewhat reverent towards a being who does precisely what Gond teaches is the holiest of holies, a smith!  As he enters the shop he looks left and then right, fully expecting to be smote (smited? smitten?  smooshed?) by the very Hand of Gond himself (if not the hammer and anvil).  He approaches the smith, Smith, and after clearing his throat and offering a mumbled blessing to the greatness of smithing requests a new set of Scale armor, Dwarven Stormscale Armor +4. 65,000 x 0.6 = 39,000
Diedrich comes over to see what all the commotion is about. Noticing the dark mysterious and slightly evil-looking man, he steels himself for battle. Wandering up to him, he sees something in the pack at the "Smiths" feet. A familiar looking armor juts out near the bottom. Looking down at himself, he sees his old battered armor. He looks up at the Smith, inquiring about the Armor.  "10200 gold and it's yours" says the Smith "How about this sword, amulet and my current armor, along with... lets say 8264 gold?"  The Smith gives an impression of narrowed eyes and nods once.  "Perfect. With this, I will be unstoppable! Pleasure doing business with you." Buying +3 Stoneborn Armor. 17,000*60% = 10200
Rhonas approaches the smith, barrel of alcohol in hand and mostly empty. "I demand dwarven wares!" he declared, slamming money down in front of the armorer. And apparently got them. (Dwaren Armor +2, pay 1560)

Edited 1506201105
Dorn just looks over to Rhonas staggering off with his new suit of armour. "Yeah, I'll have what he's having". Dwarven Armor +2 for 1560

Edited 1506353921
Reinhardt strides up to the stranger, extends his hand confidently and says "Well met, A. Smith! But tell me, good sir, what does the 'A' stand for?" After an awkward beat, he shrugs, retracts his hand, and begins to disrobe in the middle of the guildhall. After several objects are thrown at him he turns and yells that he's selling his current (and only) set of armour as part-payment on the set he's buying from Mr Smith, and can everyone please stop throwing things at him?! Buying +2 Versatile Masterwork Layered Plate Armor, originally 3400gp, after 40% partial nudity discount 2040gp.
Grakhan looks up from his mug of ale, hears there's a smith in the hall. "A smith, eh? Let's see if he's worth his weight in gold." he says and scrounges through his backpack for some loose gold bars, and approaches the human. "Give me something I can appreciate, smith!" The smith locks eyes with the dwarf, a little annoyed, but nonetheless appraises Grakhan's current armor and equipment, and then silently produces a fresh set of armor. "Impressive," Grakhan is forced to admit, "Here," and he tosses the gold to the smith. As he leaves, he mutters under his breath: "It's like he read he read my mind... well, whatever. Not bad for a human." Buying +3 Resolute Plate Armor, originally 17000, now 10200